Seeking Alpha

bobbafett38@yahoo.com

bobbafett38@yahoo.com
Send Message
View as an RSS Feed
View bobbafett38@yahoo.com's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest  |  Highest rated
  • Firebag River - A Red-Hot Canadian Frac Sand Deposit? [View article]
    What is a reasonable cost estimate do you think to get the frac deposit up and running? How much does all the labor and hydrosizers and what not cost? Would drillers signing long term contracts put enough of a down payment in to cover those costs? Seems like that might be tough, and easier for the company to just run a quick secondary while the stock is "hot".

    We are starting to get into "God is in the details" phase of logistics, cost management, client demand, etc etc.
    Aug 31 06:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Patterson Lake Asset Consolidation: Fission Aims For Fusion With Alpha [View article]
    This isn't what you are asking in regards to Cameco Phaedo2000, but your question about the strike makes me wonder if Cameco might have a hard time justifying a purchase of a resource like FCU in current conditions. With strikes on its own mines and cutbacks in production, and no visible date for the majority of Japanese reactors to restart, can Cameco justify to its shareholders adding even more pounds in the ground they don't need? Especially if such a purchase required dilutive stock as currency? And before the ongoing tax lawsuit with the government is resolved?

    I am long FCU, and personally think Cameco should buy it on hopes of a very long term uranium recovery. Those pounds in the ground will be more valuable ten years from now than today. But I wonder if there is an auction how serious they would be about purchasing FCU? I hope I'm wrong of course and would love to hear differing opinions and insights.

    Lastly, its definitely of interest what kind of reaction Dev's worldwide trip pitching FCU to global investors and the Chinese got a couple months ago. I am assuming any interested buyers would wait for the NI 43-101. But I'm curious if they all had a "wait and see" attitude in regards to the resource estimate and Japanese restarts, or something worse or something better...
    Aug 29 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Winthrop Realty Waves The White Flag - So Should Investors [View article]
    Sell your preferred's and buy the underlying stock and get your money back that way :)
    Aug 18 08:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Winthrop Realty Waves The White Flag - So Should Investors [View article]
    Its not the right- its the obligation! They are not allowed to pay dividends to common shareholders UNTIL they pay off the preferred-- the seniority status of the preferred's guarantees preferred shareholders the right to the first fruits of liquidation.
    Aug 12 09:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Winthrop Realty Waves The White Flag - So Should Investors [View article]
    They are going to pay off the preferred's fast as they can. Management said on the recent conference call: "Under the terms... we are required to give 30 to 60 day notice but it is, as Michael mentioned, our intention to pay that as soon as possible."
    Aug 12 08:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Winthrop Realty Waves The White Flag - So Should Investors [View article]
    Does anyone have any info or thoughts on the value of 701 7th Avenue? They listed it in the proxy with an NAV of simply the cash they put in...
    Aug 7 07:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Winthrop Realty Waves The White Flag - So Should Investors [View article]
    Either way seems like its worth the risk-- you might end up with a low yielding bond like return in FUR, or a nice chop if the liquidation proceeds turn up higher. At least the downside seems somewhat limited, barring a real estate pricing collapse etc.
    Aug 6 07:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Winthrop Realty Waves The White Flag - So Should Investors [View article]
    it might help to listen to the last FUR conference call online.

    FUR Chairman/CEO Michael Ashner has conducted several voluntary REIT liquidations before-- this is not new. Also, he mentioned that they couldn't find anything they wanted to buy, and, to paraphrase, felt the market was toppy. This stock is basically a play on cashing out of the real estate market at a high level, if not the top. They are not waving a white flag.

    One of the main drivers of the stock in the future is what value Winthrop can sell 701 7th Avenue for in Times Square, NYC. This mega building, how much is it worth? $1 billion? $1.2 billion? There is a bit of an embedded call option in the price of FUR based on this one property.

    This liquidation can take two years, so there are dividends payable in the meantime.
    Aug 5 08:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BNK Petroleum's Latest Caney Well Demonstrates Further Operational Success [View article]
    Just noticed BKX CT back down quite a bit (as of July 30th, 2014 close at 1.16 CAD)- I guess on the Polish results? Haven't been following it as closely but curious if there's an opportunity again
    Jul 31 07:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Lexmark's Revised Bid For ReadSoft Justified? [View article]
    well we got a nice bidding war out of this one. I sold out most of mine now at 51, doubt Hyland comes back over Lexmark's 50 bid. Could still happen though of course.
    Jul 31 07:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Firebag River - A Red-Hot Canadian Frac Sand Deposit? [View article]
    Purchased some Athabasca Minerals today (about where I sold it before its big run up to 3, ooops!). Maybe some of the Firebag potential hype has been shaved off the price and now its worth a look again...
    Jul 30 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kenmare Resources: A Speculative Call On The Ilmenite Price [View article]
    Thanks for the good article.

    What do you think of speculation that Iluka would have to raise to 20p to get a deal done? KMR clearly needs deeper pockets to keep the mine going, which is frustrating given the long life potential and optionality to ilmenite pricing.

    There's a lot of value here shrouded in debt and there is uncertainty whether KMR shareholders, lenders, or Iluka will get that value long term. As long as the mine doesn't go bust, the long term share price and industry commodity prices sure seem to be at deep bottoms. I'd like to buy, but not sure I'll take a big position now at 14p given the downside risk to no deal.

    Lastly M&G own nearly 20% and they agreed with the Board to reject the Iluka offer as well. Hopefully they are willing to stomach the possible refinancing needs and/or drop if there is no deal.
    Jul 11 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Lexmark's Revised Bid For ReadSoft Justified? [View article]
    the question is-- will Hyland Software come back with a higher bid?
    Jul 2 07:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Jewel In The Crown? Hoyada Exploration Well Finds Vaca Muerta Oil [View article]
    ugh is right. I bought some at the open at .40. seems like the "dream" is priced out of this one for now. might be overdone I don't know (June 24th trade date)
    Jun 24 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nevada Sunrise Wakes Up To The Smell Of Big Gold At Kinsley Mountain [View instapost]
    nice call, quite a move the last few days!
    Jun 13 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
COMMENTS STATS
96 Comments
38 Likes