I am investing through my 401k, and now invest primarily in individual securities. I am a Pension Actuary by trade. I consult with large companies and help them manage their risks involved with their retirement plans. My work focuses mostly on the liability side of the pension plans, but I have limited experience with respect to their pension investment strategies. I enjoy the analysis of individual companies, and I consider myself a value leaning investor, but pay attention to growth at a reasonable price. I plan to hold most of my investments for a long time, or at least until someone offers me a price I can't refuse.
Long WFC, VZ, CSCO, IBM, WMT, CVX, HP, NOV, SLW, DE, F, AFL, USB, VER, HCP, OHI, RSXJ, CBD, CAZZ, SNI, CFX, FMC, HFC, SAFM, AIRM, NDLS, FRGI, ICLR, GNTX, and IOSP
- Former FX trader
- Lawyer specialised in financial market law (presently in-house counsel at Squared Financial Services (FX broker-dealer)
- Actively manages family hedge fund
- Investment styles/techniques include arbitrage, value investing, volatility, term structure based on quantifiable objective mathematical models.
- As the libertarian that I am, I am always delighted to put my legal skills to work in helping people take full advantage of the law in order to protect their private property and avoid taxation, via offshore vehicles and various legal and financial montages.
- My mantra towards investing in financial markets: "predict nothing, just react"