Seeking Alpha

andrew glasheen

andrew glasheen
Send Message
View as an RSS Feed
View andrew glasheen's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest  |  Highest rated
  • 23% Annualized Yield With Pepco [View instapost]
    $20 would be a 5.4% yield, pretty high. Also if you go to the merger background section of the S4, there was a $27 bid that Exelon just beat out. I am guessing it was PEG, and while there is no way they would come back in at $27 if the deal broke, their presence would provide a bit of a floor. I think I would back up the truck at $20. I am guessing $23 is where it would settle.
    May 1, 2015. 08:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 18% Annualized Yield With Polypore International [View instapost]
    Chris I have been trying to put this on, but I can not get my arms around market share, Also no hand holding from the companies. Also I have to believe the downside is significantly more that 14%. That being said I agree that this is probably a good expected value trade. Any anti-trust thoughts?
    Apr 30, 2015. 04:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kyle Bass's Assault On Pharma Patents [View article]
    I have been thinking about this strategy and have a couple of questions-

    I believe 1 year time frame can be extended by six months fairly easily, is that correct?
    Wouldn't most of the squishy patents that Bass would target already be challenged by a Teva or similar generic?
    If it is a new or extended patent that Bass wishes to attack isn't there a 9 month moratorium before a filing can be made.

    So if Bass is a first to file a challenge, doesn't the "1 year" decision time table potentially stretch out to 39 months including an inevitable appeal. I say inevitable because Bass claims he will not settle. I guess my point is that is a long time to hold a short position for a binary event that may not go your way. A lot can happen at a company-good and bad-completely unrelated to the outcome of an event you are relying on. While I applaud his motives, I question the strategy.
    Jan 9, 2015. 01:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GCVRZ Forum Archive  [View instapost]
    I just spoke with IR at Sanofi-there was no rec for "approval" as was reported by Reuters and apparently picked up by a couple of analysts.
    Nov 14, 2013. 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GCVRZ Forum Archive  [View instapost]
    Soc Gen and Leerink Swann out saying the panel voted 14-0 for approval. I did not see that anywhere but from Reuters. Are these guys correct or just lazy?
    Nov 14, 2013. 08:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GCVRZ Forum Archive  [View instapost]
    Is that how you lost $$$? Listening to someone? Did you do all you could researching, confirming, running expected value reports, ... before you invested? or did you just listen to someone on a message board.
    Nov 8, 2013. 11:00 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GCVRZ Forum Archive  [View instapost]
    If we get a CRL and Sanofi shows a willingness to move forward, than I beliex=ve there is substantial upside from here (.60), IMHO. I can not see them shutting this down. This was the centerpiece of a $20 billion acquisition.
    Nov 8, 2013. 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GCVRZ Forum Archive  [View instapost]
    Why do you consider this unsubstantiated? I read what I could of the staff doc. Looks pretty damning. Am I missing something? I am long, hurting, and picking at stock pre market hoping that this is sloppy trading. Please if you have an opinion that this is not damning I want to hear it.
    Nov 8, 2013. 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why Sanofi Rights (GCVRZ) Could Return 50% This Year [View article]
    Could there be cross retail ownership with ARNA? They got slapped by a panel about an hour before our panel was announced. Just guessing....
    Oct 16, 2013. 04:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Event Driven Q&A Forum [View instapost]
    Ant thoughts on RDA? Stock is not terribly expensive, and their is legitimacy to the buyer. If this follows the same path SPRD did, I am looking for a 9% bump.....Thoughts?
    Sep 30, 2013. 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why Sanofi Rights (GCVRZ) Could Return 50% This Year [View article]
    Do we know where the drug will be priced for ms?
    Sep 19, 2013. 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Uncivilized Savages Unite! Open Letter To Charlie Munger [View article]
    Yes, but if you had no position right now would you make the same investment today?
    May 8, 2012. 09:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Celgene's Drop Could Provide a Great Opportunity [View article]
    Jan 11, 2011. 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment