Seeking Alpha
  • neobliviscar
    For those following: As noted, sold NSC and CSX yesterday. Sold MCD in Jan. Traded sideways w/options til now. Expect to BUY tomorrow <$95
    4/19/12
    Reply (10)
    • neobliviscar: My intent is a 1 to 3 month covered call play. All this is dependent upon dip below $95 tomorrow.
      4/19/12
    • BTD70: You're gonna buy shares MCD with earnings coming up? Just making sure I understand.
      4/19/12
    • neobliviscar: No. I'm waiting for any beatdown associated with earnings. If it looks like it is bottoming below $95, I start buying some. At $92.5, lots..
      4/19/12
    • BTD70: Interesting how earnings can create solid buying opportunities. I mean....when MCD went par short time ago, I wouldn't have....
      4/19/12
    • BTD70: .....thought sub 95 was in the cards anytime soon. And yet....here we are! I'd been keenly interested in your time frame/target for....
      4/19/12
    • BTD70: ....MCD purchased in the 92-94 range.
      4/19/12
    • neobliviscar: Looks like I won't get the chance yet. I was correct on costs rising a good bit, and knew they were aggressively fighting it while trying to
      4/20/12
    • neobliviscar: pass it back to the customer in small incremental almost weekly price rises. I also knew sales were picking up recently, but didn't think it
      4/20/12
    • neobliviscar: ...would show in the US #s as much as it seems it did at first read. If we get any summer market weakness, I'll be buying MCD on the dips.
      4/20/12
    • BTD70: Thanks!
      4/20/12