Seeking Alpha

JimmyGray

JimmyGray
Send Message
View as an RSS Feed
View JimmyGray's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest  |  Highest rated
  • Corning's Gorilla Glass Is Optically Superior To Sapphire [View article]
    Has anyone contemplated whether sapphire could be as a coating for the entire outside of a smartphone. Having a phone that can't scratch anywhere would be a huge upgrade to the current scratch prone paints. What about a 100% translucent phone?
    Mar 13, 2014. 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2013 "production expectations" for the Z10 (BBRY -1.2%) have been trimmed by 4M-6M units, believes Wedge Partners' Brian Blair, who has been bearish on BlackBerry for years. He adds U.S. Z10 launches " have provided no evidence of meaningful sell-through," and is forecasting <10M 2013 BB10 shipments vs. Street estimates of 20M+. Meanwhile, Pac Crest's James Faucette (previous) believes U.S., U.K., and Canadian Z10 inventories are too high, and that production cuts are a matter of time. Also: BlackBerry says the Q10 is expected to sell for a subsidized $249 in the U.S., $50 more than the 16GB iPhone 5. [View news story]
    I also put all of my shares for sale but at $40. Let's squeeze the shorts...
    Apr 25, 2013. 04:38 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Most U.S. consumers remain either unfamiliar with or unenthusiastic about Nokia (NOK) and BlackBerry's (BBRY) latest hardware, according to an MKM survey of 1,500 people. While 51% of respondents owned a smartphone, only 6% plan to buy a BlackBerry in the next 12 months, and just 1% a Nokia phone. Moreover, in spite of the Z10 and Lumia 920/820 launches, 63% of respondents had no idea when BB10 would launch in the U.S., and 61% were unaware WP8 (MSFT) phones are available. BlackBerry is counting on a fresh marketing push to raise its U.S. profile. [View news story]
    The survey response stated that 44.5 % of respondents were unsure. That only leaves 55.5% of respondents that chose a brand. Of these 6.2% plan on buying a new blackberry. 6.2/55.5=11.2% of respondents plan on buying a blackberry which is great news for longs especially when the poll was commissioned by a analyst with a negative view on the stock.
    Apr 9, 2013. 10:03 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Most U.S. consumers remain either unfamiliar with or unenthusiastic about Nokia (NOK) and BlackBerry's (BBRY) latest hardware, according to an MKM survey of 1,500 people. While 51% of respondents owned a smartphone, only 6% plan to buy a BlackBerry in the next 12 months, and just 1% a Nokia phone. Moreover, in spite of the Z10 and Lumia 920/820 launches, 63% of respondents had no idea when BB10 would launch in the U.S., and 61% were unaware WP8 (MSFT) phones are available. BlackBerry is counting on a fresh marketing push to raise its U.S. profile. [View news story]
    Correction 5.9/55.5=10.6 %
    Apr 9, 2013. 10:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: More Than A Smartphone [View article]
    Probably the best Blackberry article I have read on Seeking Alpha regarding Blackberrys vision for the future of mobile computing.

    The rumours regarding Lenovo manufacturing hardware for Blackberrys vision of the mobile computing evolution of the PC sector make sense.

    Also the talks of Sony being interested in becoming a hardware partner looks like a good option regarding the future of gaming platforms.
    Mar 13, 2013. 02:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Success: More Than Meets The Eye [View article]
    Typing this on my new Z10. If anyone thinks that this operating system is dead on arrival they haven't tried it.
    Feb 10, 2013. 10:19 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
COMMENTS STATS
6 Comments
14 Likes