Wall Street Breakfast, Seeking Alpha's flagship daily business news summary, is a one-page summary that gives you a rapid overview of the day's key financial news. It's designed for easy readability on the site or by email (including on mobile devices), and is published before 7:00 AM ET every market day.
Wall Street Breakfast readership of over 900,000 includes many from the investment-banking and fund-management industries.
Sign up here to receive the Wall Street Breakfast in your inbox every business day: http://seekingalpha.com/account/email_preferences
An active investor since 1998, both long and short, I make my decisions based on all the information available to me and continue to monitor that information for items that will change my investment thesis.
Tom Shaughnessy is owner of SecretCaps.com, an independent investor and analyst. He has been investing in the stock market since the age of twelve. His style is comprehensive and includes multi-layered research on a concentrated set of stocks. Tom enjoys constructive dialogue regarding various investment ideas and theories.
Tom enjoys intensive research on prospective investments. This includes valuation estimates and modeling, CEO and management interviews, product and expansion overviews, future prospects, financial analysis and the current state of affairs at the company. Moreover, Tom's articles have a focus on micro-cap companies whose potential have flown under the radar.
In his leisure time Tom enjoys playing racquetball on a competitive level.
Mr. Pearce has tried, arbitrated and mediated numerous disputes involving complex securities, commodities, administrative, contract, commercial, business tort and employment law issues for over 30 years. He has represented hundreds of clients in Federal and state courts (trial and appellate) as well as administrative, arbitration, and mediation proceedings before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Commodities Futures Trading Commission ("CFTC"), Florida Office Financial Regulation (FlaOFR), Florida Division of Securities & Investor Protection ("FDS"), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), National Association of Securities Dealers regulation, Inc. ("NASD"), New York Stock Exchange, Inc. ("NYSE") and/or National Futures Association ("NFA").
Mr. Pearce is a Florida Circuit Court Civil Mediator and a respected mediator in the FINRA Mediation Program. He also acts as a private judge or arbitrator in mini-trials and arbitration proceedings, respectively. Mr. Pearce has also served as a Federal Court-appointed Receiver- an attorney who is called upon by Federal and state regulators (SEC, CFTC and FlaOFR) to take over companies engulfed in legal problems.
Areas of Practice
• Courtroom Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation Proceedings Involving
• Securities and Commodities Law
• Business & Commercial Law
• Federal, State and Industry Enforcement Actions
• Employment Law A Brokerage Employees Only
• Trust / Estate / Guardianship Law
• Probate & Estate Administration
• Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
J.D. - 1979
• Hofstra University School of Business, Hempstead, New York
M.B.A. - 1979
• Florida Tech
B.S. – 1973
Professional Associations and Memberships
• American Association for Justice
• Florida Justice Association
• Broward County Bar Association
• Broward County Justice Association
• Palm Beach County Bar Association
• Palm Beach County Justice Association
• Public Investor Arbitration Bar Association
• South Palm Beach County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
• Lerner & Pearce, P.A., January 1, 1990 - December 31, 1999
• Lerner, Harris, Pearce, P.A., March 1, 1983 - December 31, 1989
• U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, May 1, 1980 - February 28, 1983
QualityStocks (www.qualitystocks.net) assists publicly traded companies by getting their story out to the investment community while helping investors discover emerging companies with plenty of growth potential. Our name, QualityStocks, emphasizes our commitment to connect subscribers with companies that have huge potential to succeed in the short and long-term future.
QualityStocks provides investor relations services to publicly traded companies in exchange for compensation. The content we provide via Seeking Alpha may be part of our efforts to widen a client’s exposure. To read our full disclaimer, visit http://disclaimer.qualitystocks.net.