Jay is President of Sage Capital Advisors, LLC, providing securities research to investment advisors, as well as financial and operational consulting services to emerging companies. Jay worked as a Senior Research Analyst at various boutique investment banks. In June 2006, Jay published Secure Credentialing & Identification— Wall Streets first and most comprehensive research overview of the Security, Biometrics, PKI, Smartcard, Credentialing and Identity Management industries. In 2003, he ranked in the 99th percentile of all securities analysts. In 2004, he ranked in the 97th percentile. In 2005, the StarMine/Forbes Magazine Securities Analyst Ranking Survey named Jay “8th Best Stock Picker In North America.” Jay earned a BS-Economics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1992.
Editor of the How To Find Big Stocks Newsletter and the author of the How To Find Big Stocks Book.
I am constantly searching for investing trends and the companies with the competitive advantage in them.
An angel investor that is always looking for disruptive technologies and transformational changes.
Novice investor just getting started like the idea of owning gold but find silver more affordable and a better use for bartering. Looking to move 457 contributions to a investment vehicle that will keep up with hyper-inflation. Not sure of timetables but feel the sooner the better. Looking for ways to keep uncle sugar from taxing our hard earned cash that has taken over 30 years to accumulate. Need some help in determining which way is best? thanks
For 30 years I've worked with Main street, in a variety of capacities, on housing, mortgage and real estate related issues. My experience includes:
• I have been licensed as follows: FNMA/FHLMC AUS; Mortgage Broker (AZ); Appraisal (CA); Real Estate (CA & AZ)
• 10 years of experience in management within the mortgage divisions of regulated institutions
• I have been involved in the development and implementation of mortgage loan products....from design features, to assisting in the compliance paperwork
• I have held underwriting signature authority in a jumbo mortgage environment
• I have been tasked personally by senior management with the most complex of client issues, assisted on legal matters and, have been assigned special projects by senior management
• I authored a stylized mortgage/homeowner retention program, and in 2008, I spent time by phone in discussions with the FDIC's Chief Economist, Richard Brown, and his team, sharing my perspectives on the developing mortgage/housing crisis
• I have participated in the following: Mortgage Modifications; Mortgage Workouts; Short Payoff Refinances; Short Sales
• I was engaged by Big 8 accounting firms to assist in asset review and analysis process during the S&L Crisis
• I am experienced in the default/foreclosure process, as well as working with title insurance related issues
All of the issues I discuss are the result of first hand professional experience.
Market observer with legal background and interest in financial services, physical commodities trading, shipping and irrational exuberance. Values entrepreneurship and good governance, may also use some behavioral investment/contrarian criteria.