I have been an individual investor for nearly 25 years. My professional background is in finance and investing owning a Bachelor's degree from Michigan State University. Currently, I focus on retirement and dividend income strategies primarily through the use of funds and ETFs.
If you're interested in learning more about dividend income strategies, retirement and ETF analysis, please consider following me by clicking on the "Follow" button at the top of this page next to my name.
In addition, you can find me on:
Twitter - @david_dierking
LinkedIn - David Dierking
Website - Bull Market Analytics
Robert Hauver publishes The Double Dividend Stock Alert, a monthly investment newsletter that features the best dividend stocks and option selling strategies for income investors.
TipRanks rates DoubleDividendStocks in the Top 25 of all financial bloggers.
The https://www.DoubleDividendStocks.com website also features High Dividend Stocks By Sector Tables, and Covered Calls & Cash Secured Puts Tables, a Dividend Stocks blog, and a a Stock Market News & Data page. 845-225-4094
Ian Bezek worked for 3 years as an analyst at a New York-based hedge fund. He's currently living in Mexico, pursuing some entrepreneurial opportunities.
Feel free to contact him regarding investments, writing, or speaking opportunities.
Peter Way Associates is the only known provider of the price range forecasts of widely-held, actively traded stocks derived from the hedging activities of market-making [MM] firms as they balance big-$-fund sellers and buyers in large block trades. The price ranges offer explicit downside exposure forecasts not commonly found in publicly published investment analyses.
This is all forward-looking data, based on what the MMs will pay for protection against coming unwanted price change while temporarily committed firm capital is exposed to market risks. It is available by modest subscription cost at blockdesk.com.
The behavioral analysis involved has been performed daily since Y2K, now on over 3,000 stocks, ETFs, and market indexes. That has built an actuarial history of how market prices have subsequently behaved following several million price range forecasts, issue by issue.
That data provides a qualitative backdrop to current forecasts in terms of odds of profitable positions, size of prospective gains, credibility of forecasts, and worst-case price drawdown exposure experiences.
Peter F. Way is a veteran Chartered Financial Analyst, having taken and passed the CFA Institute’s required 3 examinations in the first years they were given, 40+ years ago.
Armed with BS in Economics from the Wharton School and an MBA degree from Harvard Business School, he has managed staffs of dozens of Investment Researchers and Quantitative Analysts for the nation’s largest bank, arbitraged index options for NYSE Specialists, and managed portfolios of hundred-million-dollar equity investments for Fortune 100 corporate pension funds and non-profit endowments.
He has been elected President of professional Investment Analyst Societies in San Diego and New York City and has served on the editorial boards of the Financial Analysts Journal and the CFA Digest. He has spoken at numerous schools and professional meetings.
Wall Street Breakfast, Seeking Alpha's flagship daily business news summary, is a one-page summary that gives you a rapid overview of the day's key financial news. It's designed for easy readability on the site or by email (including on mobile devices), and is published before 7:00 AM ET every market day.
Wall Street Breakfast readership of over 900,000 includes many from the investment-banking and fund-management industries.
Sign up here to receive the Wall Street Breakfast in your inbox every business day: http://seekingalpha.com/account/email_preferences
Co-Founder of VolatilityAnalytics.com, a proprietary volatility strategies firm. Using creative historical volatility analysis, we are able to provide actionable strategies for hedging, trading volatility, and finding value in today's turbulent markets.
Our proprietary strategies utilize derivatives based exchange-traded products, VIX related derivatives, and options analysis. We have analytics for both retail and institutional investors.
Follow me on Twitter and Stocktwits @VolatilityWiz and contact me at email@example.com
Ph.D. economics and Finance MBA finance
Globe Institute of Technology
Professor – Economics and Finance, Chair of Business Department
Colorado Technical University
Adjunct Professor – courses: Applied Managerial Finance (Graduate Level), Microeconomics, International Finance
European School Of Economics (New York Campus)
Adjunct Professor – Economics (Graduate Level) Courses taught: Microeconomics
Metropolitan College of New York
Adjunct Professor – Economics, Banking and Finance
Courses taught: History of Economic Thought, Macroeconomics, Money and Financial Institutions
World Gold Council
New York, NY
• Constructed econometric models relating to gold's role as a portfolio diversifier primarily aimed at institutional investors.
• Focused on models of the embedded optionality of gold in terms of its relation to other investment assets and economic fundamentals such as inflation and business conditions.
Founder and President, Internet Startup company with polling and investment advice websites.
Fundamental Portfolio Advisors, Inc.
Chief Portfolio Strategist – President
• At the predecessor company I started the New York Muni Fund, the first single state triple tax-free municipal bond fund.
• I took the fund from a one-employee start-up where I performed every function to a family of mutual funds which had five funds with total assets above $300 million and which did all of its distribution, accounting and transfer in-house.
• I wrote the initial prospectus and was responsible for managing the portfolios of what eventually grew to be a family of 5 mutual funds.
• Was chief economist for parent company’s brokerage affiliate.
• Involved on the buy-side in the development and monitoring of various structured municipal finance products. Worked with major issuers such as New York City and major investment banks such as Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs.
• Designed and submitted a U.S. Patent Application for a portfolio management system for mutual funds involving derivatives.
Note: In 1996 Fundamental Portfolio Advisors and myself were subject to civil litigation by the SEC which resulted in deregistration and a permanent bar from the securities industry.
A. Gary Shilling & Co.
Senior Economist – Vice President
Economic consulting, modeling and forecasting. Both macro and micro.
• Clients included: Emerson Electric, Bethlehem Steel, Castle & Cooke, Cooper Industries and the U.S. Department of Transportation.
• I was the author of the 1979 study commissioned by the U.S. Government Interstate Commerce Commission, which calculated the expected economic impact of trucking deregulation.
White, Weld & Co, Inc.
• White, Weld was the sixth largest investment banking and brokerage firm when Merrill Lynch bought it.
• Extensive work was done on the All-American Pipeline Proposal to tap the Alaskan Gas Reserves.
• The economics department of White, Weld formed A. Gary Shilling & Co. at the time of the Merrill Lynch merger.
American Stock Exchange
New York University
June 1978 Ph.D.
• Ph.D. dual field, economics and finance.
• Doctoral dissertation was in contingency claims (options) theory
June 1973 MBA with concentration in economics and finance
NYU Engineering School
June 1971 Bachelor of Science - Nuclear Engineering Tau Beta Pi
Analysis of the Embedded Inflation Optionality in Gold Prices. World Gold Council, 2000. New York, N.Y.
The Economic Impact of Trucking Deregulation. Interstate Commerce Commission, 1979, Washington D.C.
I provide economic analysis, market commentary and company-specific research. My general view is to operate a diversified basket of long-term investments in both equities and fixed income.
I have a bachelor's degree in economics from San Diego State University (2007), eight years of publishing experience and over a decade of cumulative investment experience. I have been published in several newspapers and magazines, including The Wall Street Journal and Barron's.
MyPlanIQ.com is the only web application that offers advanced asset allocation strategies customized to a wide range of retirement and taxable investment plans such as 401(k), IRA and brokerage accounts. The unique key advantages of MyPlanIQ.com are
1. Superior investment strategies with high return and low risk
* Asset allocation based on a wide diversified array of assets
* Strategic and Tactical asset allocation that have been well researched, proven and utilized by hedge funds and wealth management
* Superior fund selection.
2. Customization down to specific retirement, variable annuity (VA), variable life insurance (VUL), college savings and brokerage taxable investment plans
* Supporting thousands of 401k, 403b, brokerage ETF/Mutual Fund, IRA, VA, VUL and 529 plans
* Taking redemption, fees and other factors into account for the available investment choices in a plan
* Customized portfolios tailored to available funds in a plan and personal risk profile.
3. An easy to use yet powerful platform
* Online portfolios monitored daily and regular rebalance email notification
* Easy yet powerful tools to allow portfolio construction and study
* A vibrant community to share and discuss investment issues
4. Low cost and flat fee
MyPlanIQ.com enables private investors to achieve institutional investment results and experience with a fraction of cost and efforts.
I am an independent investor writing at Scott's Investments (http://www.scottsinvestments.com). My site is dedicated to discussing and publicly tracking historically successful investments strategies and sharing free investment resources. I emphasize empirical, historical, and quantitative analysis, portfolio strategies for individual investors and technical analysis.
I have quickly become a highly-rated site on Investimonials, http://www.investimonials.com/blogs/reviews-scottsinvestmentsgmailcom.aspx
I have worked in the financial service industry for 40 years. My area of expertise is risk management and complex financial products. I have been a frequent speaker, on behalf of many financial firms, to financial professionals across the country.
I have extensive experience in statistics and actuarial science.
I was trained as a lawyer and practiced in the fields of corporate law and bank regulation in large U.S. firms for 20 years, then decided to do other things. My career has included banking and being an entrepreneur. For seven years I was CEO of a high-tech sports business. I have retired from active business and spend full-time writing, mostly on economic subjects.
My books include:
High Rollers: Inside the S&L Debacle (1991)
Debt Spiral: How Credit Failed Capitalism (2009)
Practical Handbook for Bank Directors (1995), second edition due 2012
Corporate Governance for Public Company Directors (2003)
Rocco Pendola is an associate editor at Seeking Alpha focusing on technology and the sectors it overlaps with.
In addition to technology, I am interested in dividend growth and income investing.
I make references to music I'm obsessed with (e.g., Old 97s, Elliott Smith, Bruce Springsteen) in my writing. If you notice any of these references, it makes me happy.
I am an individual investor and the author of seven eBooks on dividend growth investing. I try to help self-directed individual investors profit from stock investing. I contribute articles and studies to both Seeking Alpha and Daily Trade Alert. I hold an undergraduate degree in physics from Holy Cross College and a JD from Georgetown University. My wife Sue and I live in beautiful Canandaigua, NY.