Seeking Alpha

mitrado

mitrado
Send Message
View mitrado's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    The ones that Apple copied!?

    Strange how Apple sues Samsung over round corners and then goes and copies a lot more than that from others. What a bunch of trolls these mega-corporations have become.
    Nov 12 04:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    Good luck keeping your ten fingers! :-P
    Nov 8 11:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    "To say that Apple doesn't want 86% of the market is as stupid as saying that Apple loses money on everything but the iPhone (allusion intended)."

    If you're not familiar with the term, my sentence was an obvious hyperbole. Not meant to be taken 100% literally.

    But the essence remains: Apple doesn't want a lot more marketshare than what they already have.

    Most Android users won't ever spend a dime buying an app or paying for a monthly subscription. Apple is not even remotely interested in having those people as costumers, I assure you. That would be like Tiffany & Co trying to appeal to the homeless.
    Nov 8 05:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    Is it, really? Give me a call whenever Android users start buying apps. Until then, Apple owns the richest segment of the market. Samsung owns all the freeloaders. Apple will be just fine with merely 14% of the market. In fact, Apple doesn't even want the remaining 86% as their consumers...
    Nov 7 12:57 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple About To Revolutionize The Mobile Payments Industry? Part 2 [View article]
    Apple has the tech and knowledge to do it but since they are a niche with less than 15% of market share... the other 85% of consumers cannot be pushed into making payments using a technology they don't have.
    Sep 20 05:33 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn Spells The End Of An Era At Apple [View article]
    Everything Icahn touches seems to turn into dust...
    Aug 14 09:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn Spells The End Of An Era At Apple [View article]
    If you believe they can pull off another gadget which will end up having the world wide success of iPhone, go right ahead. Since I highly doubt that, I'll be waiting for the iPhone revenue to come down & stabilize before diving into AAPL. The iPhone is losing market share (and investors don't like it) and to fight that trend, AAPL will have to lower their profit margin (which investors won't like).

    Seems a bad time to be long AAPL but only time will tell. Personally, I prefer buying 100 NOK shares than 1 AAPL share. The risk/reward is so much greater!
    Aug 14 09:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn Spells The End Of An Era At Apple [View article]
    Android is eating Apple's lunch, Windows Phone is slowly but steadily rising... and if that weren't enough, FireFox OS wants to break the current system where the mobile space is being controlled by 3 companies (Google, Microsoft or Apple) that lock their users into a small world.

    Forget Blackberry. It's headed to extinction.
    Aug 14 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Becoming Irrelevant [View article]
    Was this article written a month ago?

    "...slowing growth in iPhone sales...? iPhone sales are still growing."

    If you grow 85% a quarter and then you start growing 50% or 25%... is that not the very definition of slowing growth? Don't mix up such simple financial terms, please.

    "...Apple briefly becoming the most valuable company on the planet by market cap last year." It was the largest for almost all of the past year.

    Pfff... market cap is a foolish metric. Funny to look at but nothing else. I mean, has half of Apple users vanished into thin air simply because its stock price went down?

    "The large screens are often gimmicks to hide the fact that those manufacturers don't have the skill or want to invest the time or effort in designing and building something compact."

    No... the large screens are being sold because people want to play games and watch series and movies. :-P

    "You mean like Galaxy S, S2, S3, S4?"

    I'm willing to bet he meant upgrades to Technical Specs and Operating System, not upgrades to its name. :-P
    Apr 30 07:25 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Preview: Can Shares Rebound? [View article]
    // Sarcasm Mode: On

    Wait? Apple sold less than 100 million phones? Tim Cook is Destroying Apple! He should be fired immediately! :-P

    // Sarcasm Mode: Off
    Jan 24 03:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Preview: Can Shares Rebound? [View article]
    Good luck to all mountain top buyers! :-P
    Jan 23 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Beat The Street [View article]
    Sorry, my mistake. About 3/4 of Apple's revenue comes from two products (iPhone + iPad). So be sure to buy AAPL if you believe the trend up will continue... otherwise, stay away.
    Jan 17 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Beat The Street [View article]
    Sure they do but at the moment about 3/4 of Apple's revenue comes from a single product. Am I not correct?

    That's why I can see why some investors think that AAPL = iPhone

    Nokia has the same trouble with investors, as they think NOK = Lumia. In Nokia's case it makes less sense, since Lumia represents about 1/6 of Nokia's business.

    In the end, we'll never know why investors act this way... but if we deny it and refuse to adapt our trading to their line of reasoning, as absurd as it might be, we will lose money!
    Jan 17 04:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is There A Worm In The Apple? [View article]
    The only problem with AAPL are its investors who are living like Apple = iPhone, which makes no sense at all. Nevertheless, that's the main reason I have stayed away from it. Since Apple's investors are insane, I'd rather go to the casino.
    Jan 16 06:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Beat The Street [View article]
    Well, one thing is certain. Apple is a much better investment now than when it was over $700! I'm beggining to get tempted. :-P
    Jan 16 04:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
More on AAPL by mitrado
COMMENTS STATS
1,877 Comments
1,934 Likes