NASDAQ and NYSE Short Interest data through April 15th was released earlier this week. Citigroup analyst Mark Mahaney highlights some of the key trends for Internet stocks:
● The median M/M change in Short Interest for the stocks we cover was up 2.4% (vs. up 0.8% in March). The biggest M/M changes were: GOOG (up 68%), WBMD (up 17%), PCLN (down 16%), and AMZN (down 13%).
● NILE, ADBL, PCLN, NFLX and CNET had by far the highest Short Interest Ratios among the stocks we cover. And ADBL, NILE, NFLX, WBMD, and PCLN, had the highest Short Interest as a % of Float. These two measures indicate relatively high levels of negative sentiment with these shares.
● April Net Short Interest With M/M and Y/Y Change:
● April Short Interest as a Percentage of Float:
● Short Interest Trends During Q1:06 and Q2:06 QTD: