A handful of new and old items to get the week started...
- We missed this when it first appeared, but it's no less relevant today than it was three weeks ago: "Index Funds Win Again."
- Daniel Gross weighs in on risk appetites. Short version: We gotta have 'em, not in the manic sense of the last several years, but we gotta have 'em.
- Barry Ritholtz links to last night's 60 Minutes segments on Ben Bernanke, whose occasional expressions of flinty anger were refreshing--and seemed plenty genuine.
- Interesting stuff from Calculated Risk (also channeling some James Hamilton) on the timing and sequence of recovery from post-war recessions.
- We've written on "the financialization* of everything" in this space. Today the WSJ's Justin Lahart riffs on what de-financialization* might look like. (*Forgive the funky terms...they're unorthodox, but they just feel right in this context.)