Today’s Top Ideas
Released at 5:00 am, March 18. PRO subscribers get an exclusive early look at these ideas for 24 hours. Top Ideas often move stocks during the initial 72 hours after publication.
- Hillenbrand International (Short): Acquisitions have masked a decline in organic growth in 3 of the company's 4 businesses, but margin contraction and tougher comps should lead to earnings misses and a decline in the share price, writes Investor Protector.
- Armada Hoffler (Long): Temporary negative catalysts have left this REIT undervalued, but the combination of FFO and multiple growth could lead to 35% upside, says REIT expert Dane Bowler.
Today’s PRO research (tickers link to new articles)
- New coverage: DRRSF, HOCPY, HTBI, MTUAY, NBB, NTK, PEYUF, PLPM, SBCF, SSNEF, VLCCF
- Ongoing coverage: ACGL, CHKR, EGY, GPRE, SDR, SDR, TAHO, TSRO, TSU, WAB
The PRO research library now covers 3,628 stocks. To filter PRO research by sector, industry, market cap, and long/short, use the PRO Dashboard.
PRO ideas playing out
- On February 19, Wall Street Advisors saw an opportunity to short Midway Gold, after a near-term spike took the stock well above fair value despite failed economics and a need to raise capital. After a weak Q4 report this week, shares are -12.1% to date. Read article »
- Bishop Research and Analytics saw a buying opportunity in Signet Jewelers in September, as confusion over the most recent earnings release led investors to ignore key acquisitions, growth in outlet malls, and help from an improving economy. The stock is +44.9% since. Read article »
To Come Today
Don't forget to check your SA PRO dashboard for the latest additions to our Research Library.
SA PRO Editors
The SA PRO team is Eli Hoffmann (Editor in Chief), Daniel Shvartsman (Managing Editor), Michael McDonald, Jeffrey Fischer, and Vince Martin (Senior PRO Editors). You can reach us at email@example.com.