Since I posted the list of solar energy stocks a few days ago, I have come up with a list of wind energy stocks per requests from readers.
The following are a list of the pure plays and semi-pure plays in the wind energy field. Companies which have a very small portion of their business in wind were excluded (e.g. GE, FPL, TXU). The list shows the name of the company, the stock market symbol and their business. Some of these stocks are very speculative and none are recommendations:
- Americas Wind Energy Corporation (OTCPK:AWNE) manufacturing and marketing of medium sized (500 - 1,000 megawatt (MW)) wind turbines for the North American market.
- Babcock & Brown Wind Partners (OTC:BBWPF) An Australian based specialized investment fund focused on the wind energy generation sector
- Gamesa Corp. (OTCPK:GCTAF) 18% of the world's share of the wind turbine market. Based in Spain.
- Kore Holdings (OTC:KORH) A power provider and marketer of alternative energy from wind farms, hydro and distributed power facilities.
- McKenzie Bay International Ltd. (OTCPK:MKBY) Develops wind powered alternative energy systems.
- Mass Megawatts Wind Power Inc. (OTC:MMGW) Develops prototype wind energy production equipment.
- NaiKun Wind Energy Group Inc. (NKW.V TSX Venture Exchange) Wind energy developer in the Haida Energy Field off the coast of British Columbia since 2001.
- Scottish Power plc (SPI-OLD) A leading developer and operator of renewable energy in both the UK and the US. It is one of the largest providers of wind energy in the US.
- Shear Wind Inc. (SWX.V Canadian Venture Exchange )Provider of wind-generated energy in Atlantic Canada.
- Sea Breeze Power Corp. (SBX.V Canadian Venture Exchange ) Developer of large-scale windfarms and underwater electricity transmission lines in British Columbia.
- Tower Tech Holdings Inc. (TWRT) Involved in the engineering, manufacture, and sale of wind turbine extension towers and monopiles to the wind energy industry
- Vector Wind Energy Inc. (VWE.V Canadian Venture Exchange ) developer of wind energy projects in Canada.
- Vestas Wind Systems (OTCPK:VWSYF) 34% of the world's share of the wind turbine market. Based in Denmark.
- U.S. Wind Farming (OTC:USWF) The federal court in Chicago entered a Final Judgment as to U.S. Wind Farming on October 20, 2006.
- Western Wind Energy (OTC:WNDEF) Produces clean renewable electrical energy from over 500 wind turbine generators located in Tehachapi and San Gorgonio Pass (Palm Springs), California.