Hurray! (ticker: HRAY) reported Q2 2005 earnings results that met diluted earnings per ADS estimates on an adjusted basis. Keys stats from the quarter:
(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Total revenue rose 25.1% to $15.0 million vs consensus estimate of $15.66 million.
- Total revenue rose 0.5% sequentially.
- 2G service revenue rose 28.7% to $4.6 million, and rose 29.9% sequentially.
- 2.5G service revenue rose 21.8% to $8.8 million, but fell 6.5% sequentially.
- SMS revenue fell 38.4% to $2.1 million, and fell 8.8% sequentially.
- IVR revenue rose 97.8% sequentially to $2.5 million.
- Software and systems integration services revenue rose 34.0% to $1.6 million, but fell 18.6% sequentially.
- Gross margin was 59.7% vs 60.0%.
- Operating expenses rose 58.2% to $4.4 million, and rose 45.0% sequentially.
- Product development expenses rose 4.2% to $638,000.
- Sales and marketing expenses 49.3% to $2.6 million.
- G&A expenses rose 160.5% to $1.2 million.
- Operating income rose 2.8% to $4.5 million.
- Operating margin was 30.1% vs 36.6%.
- Net income rose 16.0% to $5.0 million but fell 10.2% sequentially.
- Net margin was 33.4% vs 36.0%.
- Diluted earnings per ADS of $0.22 vs $0.26.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per ADS of $0.25 in-line with consensus.
- Cash and equivalents of $77.3 million as of June 30, 2005.
Not subscribed to The China Stock Blog? You can get updated headlines for free by adding The China Stock Blog to your My Yahoo page. Just log into your My Yahoo
page, then go to The China Stock Blog and click on the "+ My Yahoo"
button on the top right of your screen. You can do the same for other sites, such as The Internet Stock Blog, ETF Investor, and Sound Money Tips.
This article was written by