This morning I was screening on Barchart for stocks that continued to hit new highs all through the recent market gyrations and found Breeze-Eastern (NYSEMKT:BZC). It meet all my criteria to be added to the Barchart Van Meerten Speculative portfolio, which contains stock listed for under $10. The additional was based primarily on recent upward price momentum.
Breeze-Eastern Corporation is the world's leading designer and manufacturer of sophisticated lifting devices for military and civilian aircraft, including rescue hoists, cargo hooks, and weapons-lifting systems. Breeze-Eastern is the worldwide supplier of electric and hydraulic rescue hoist systems for helicopters. On many customer programs, companies products are supplied on a sole source basis and are utilized throughout the long life-cycle of these products. There position, principally as a sole source supplier, continues as they support there customers with the sales of spare parts and product upgrades. Breeze-Eastern Corporation aggressively updates its existing products in keeping with changing mission and customer requirements to maintain and increase market share for systems, products and spare parts. These qualified and proprietary products support our long-term growth objectives.
- 100% Barchart technical buy signal.
- Trend Spotter (tm) buy signal.
- 13 New highs and up 12.36% in the last month.
- Relative Strength Index 80.44% and climbing.
- Trades around 8 with a 50 day moving average of 7.11.
Professional Analysts Following:
- None of the firms following this stock have come out and endorsed it but they are having more analysts issuing report this past quarter.
- Companies issuing reports: Reuters, Ford Investment Services, The Street.com,Economic Investors, and both Wright and Pechala's Reports.
- At the present time it is not on any of the major brokerage watch lists.
- This is not a well known stock and there are no Wall Street columnists writing articles about his stock.
- The CAPS members on Motley Fool have found this stock and vote 9 to 3 that the stock will beat the market.
- The more experienced All Stars agree with a 3 to 0 vote.
This stock is coming off a deficient year but it is getting noticed. Might be a nice ground floor opportunity.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.