Below we highlight a time series report of Eric Mindich's hedge fund Eton Park through Q2 2011. Both shares as well as market value are shown over time to give a better understanding of the secular themes within his portfolio:
- 45% increase on call options on GLD but a 65% decrease in shares held
- Continued to build position in high yield oil & gas company YPF Sociedad Annima (a hedge fund favorite)
- Very significant increase in Ebay equity & call options after a short hiatus from the stock in Q4 2010.
- 62% increase in shares held of Marathon Oil after very briefly dabbling in the stock in 2010.
- No change in shares (or options) held of Bank of America which has been a drain on performance (for Eton Park as well as others) since Q3 2010:
- Major decrease in exposure to Baxter Intl.
- Increase in exposure to Dollar Tree, Inc. (and closing out a small Family Dollar (NYSE:FDO) position)