If you've been following this feed, you've noticed that we are of late fielding questions from readers, one of whom got a nifty little retirement plan from Maksim Netrebov yesterday. Today, financial advisor Evan Powers, who likes Maksim's approach, thoughtfully offers a deep dive on one aspect of the retirement planning process he had addressed - namely, whether or not to convert a traditional IRA to a Roth.
The piece is of relevance to most pre-retirees and makes clear which populations should consider such a move and how to pull it off for maximum financial benefit. Here's Evan's article.
And as this Q&A segment gains momentum, a reader asks financial advisor Eric Nelson why he should settle for an index fund rather than turn his assets over to top stock pickers on a list from Morningstar. In a nutshell, Eric retorts that there is a more reliable way to generate excess returns while mitigating risk. Here's Eric's article.
Please send me your investing or retirement questions and - here are today's advisor-relevant news and views:
- U.K. assassination changes political calculations over Brexit.
- Maks Financial Services offers his idea of a better index fund - a CEF trading at a discount.
- Advisor Doug Carey on retirement planning in your 40s.
- 5 Peter Lynch quotes for traders.
- Betterment is this year's fastest-growing RIA tracked by the Financial Times.
Your thoughts? Comment below.