Welcome to the Amazonian issue of M&A Daily
In "Is Google The Key To The Next Facebook?" we discussed the huge Snap (NYSE:SNAP) contract with Google (GOOG/GOOGL). Subsequently, it came out that Snap is spreading its bets and also has a billion-dollar cloud deal with Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), making Snap one of Amazon's best customers.
A US District Judge blocked the Anthem (NYSE:ANTM) acquisition of Cigna (NYSE:CI). Anthem intends to appeal and requested an expedited hearing of its appeal. Cigna would just as soon collect its breakup fee and move on. More to come in future editions of M&A Daily…
Elsewhere on Seeking Alpha
- Capturing A Double Discount
- Johnson & Johnson To Acquire Actelion
- Micron's Bid For Stake In Toshiba's NAND Business
- Priceline To Acquire Momondo
- Mead Johnson Is Getting A Great Deal
- Is Del Frisco's Restaurant Group For Sale?
- Time For Amazon To Get Physical?
Beyond Seeking Alpha
- Helping Broke-Ass Millennials
- Snap Sound-Alike Up 140%
- Confessions of a Catholic convert to capitalism
- Free-Range Short Seller With Nothing to Lose
Sifting the World
Please join us, especially if you like:
- Merger arbitrage plays
- Long ideas with a looming event that will unlock the underlying value in the stock
- Mutual holding conversions, odd lots, and quirky credit card and other opportunities that could pay off your subscription in and of themselves
- A vibrant and real-time chat room with some of the best investors I know
- Discovering and exploiting structural mispricing in the market
You can also check what members say about the service such as:
Could not be happier!
I absolutely love this service - it has helped me immensely with my merger arbitrage trading. Chris' analysis and insights are exemplary - could not be more happy with my subscription. Keep it up Chris (and team!)!
Disclosure: I am/we are long ALIOY.
I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
Additional disclosure: Chris DeMuth Jr and Andrew Walker are portfolio managers at Rangeley Capital. We invest with a margin of safety by buying securities at discounts to their intrinsic value and unlocking that value through corporate events. To maximize returns for our investors, we reserve the right to make investment decisions regarding any security without notification except where notification is required by law. This post may contain affiliate links, consistent with the disclosure in such links. We manage diversified portfolios with a multi-year time horizon. Positions disclosed in articles may vary in sizing, hedges, and place within the capital structure. Disclosed ideas are related to a specific price, value, and time. If any of these attributes change, then the position might change (and probably will).
Editor's Note: This article discusses one or more securities that do not trade on a major U.S. exchange. Please be aware of the risks associated with these stocks.