Editor's note: Seeking Alpha is proud to welcome Shecantrade as a new contributor. It's easy to become a Seeking Alpha contributor and earn money for your best investment ideas. Active contributors also get free access to the SA PRO archive. Click here to find out more »
In light of some of the recent challenges for Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stemming from its financials and the media’s coverage of the company, the trading team at Shecantrade has adapted our trading strategy for this stock. This podcast will discuss how and why we have shifted our views of the stock and how we are trading it.
The podcast will discuss:
- The recent challenges created by the increased volatility in the price of Tesla
- How the news headlines and corresponding stock surges up or down without notice can influence trade strategies
- The debate about autonomous driving and its safety in direct relation to trading the stock
- How Elon Musk’s recent media headlines have resulted in increased volatility
- Specific options strategies to trade Tesla and how to set them up to maximize your success
- How a shorter-term strategy can help avoid the unexpected announcements and price changes that have become commonplace lately
In this episode of the SCT Podcast, we discuss why Tesla is an all-time favorite stock on our watchlist and the advantages and disadvantages of the current characteristics of price, trend, and trade setups. Since 2018, the typical price patterns for Tesla have not been the same as in previous years, forcing traders to either stop trading the stock, or trade new setups. Trending strategies which may have worked previously are not providing the entries and exit targets they once did. Find out how a trader can fine-tune their strategies to match the current chart realities of TSLA. Regardless of whether you use Fundamentals or price, we debate which analysis can work best for this stock in today's markets. We examine whether the fundamentals matter for Tesla right now or if the technicals offer a better cue to signal the next move. TJ and Sarah share their opinions about whether Tesla has become a company that is viable for the long term or if these are the highs of Tesla. If you trade Tesla or if you want to trade it, then this podcast episode can shed some light on how the stock moves and how you, as a trader, can learn some tips about improving your TSLA trades.
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.