Gold to silver ratios (crustal abundance, production, price) are out of whack.
Rarity of large gold deposit discoveries and primary silver mines.
Buy physical gold as an insurance policy against systemic crises.
SBTV's latest guest is Mickey Fulp a.k.a the Mercenary Geologist. Given his geology experience, we asked him about the disparity between the gold and silver crustal abundance ratio, production ratio and the price ratio. We also covered the issue of peak gold in gold mining, the rarity of silver mines and the negative correlation between the US dollar and the gold price.
Discussed in this interview:
- 03:50 Gold to silver crustal abundance ratio.
- 06:04 Gold to silver production ratio.
- 08:17 Top challenges for gold miners.
- 09:46 Time frame from exploration to production.
- 13:00 Huge gold deposits are rarer today.
- 16:40 How real is peak gold?
- 19:47 Peak oil did not happen.
- 23:14 How rare are primary silver mines?
- 26:54 Impact of electric vehicles on lead & silver.
- 29:45 Correlation between US dollar and gold price.
- 35:29 Low gold prices is a buying opportunity.
- 37:05 Behavior of a bull market.
- 40:56 Gold not an investment, it's an insurance policy.
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.