In this video we run through the free weekly email newsletter "The Top 5 Charts of the Week" and add a bit of extra comments and context. It's a useful tour across some of our latest work and thinking and just a great selection of global macro/market charts.
This week we look at the following charts and themes:
1. Global flash PMIs vs. bond yields - bond market more optimistic than businesses?
2. Global consumer sentiment indicator - consumers are still going strong
3. Long term investor sentiment on the S&P 500 - a lot of bullishness out there still
4. The CRB raw industrials commodity index - what does the collapse in prices here mean?
5. Surging profit margins in Japan - a sign of structural change and cyclical progress
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.