In this video we run through the free weekly email newsletter "The Top 5 Charts of the Week" and add a bit of extra comments and context. It's a useful tour across some of our latest work and thinking and just a great selection of global macro/market charts.
This week we look at the following charts and themes:
1. Crude oil breakdown - the technical picture looks bleak as headwinds mount
2. Global institutional investor confidence - institutions drop equity allocations to a 5 year low
3. EM vs DM manufacturing PMIs - EM PMI rebounds to a 5 month high in October
4. Economic Policy Uncertainty - a contrarian signal for emerging markets?
5. Equity Risk Premium across global equities - judging value across the world.
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.