Europe: The Week Ahead (Dec. 3 - 9)
- Activity on the European calendar will continue to be brisk in the week ahead, with a long list of economic updates, including inflation, manufacturing, retail sales and GDP.
- Among the reports, Turkey will release fresh consumer price figures.
- Turkey’s economy has been suffering from a slowdown in domestic demand, as well as private consumption and investment spending, amid tighter financial and credit conditions.
- Also, the European Central Bank will hold a general council meeting, ahead of the UK’s House of Commons upcoming vote on Brexit.
- On the corporate front, Berenberg will hold a four-day European conference in Surrey, England, with companies including Bayer, Diageo, Imperial Brands, Nestle, and Whitbread set to attend.
Interactive Brokers senior market analyst Steven Levine provides some highlights for what to look for in the European region in the week beginning December 3.
Note: This material was originally published on IBKR Traders' Insight on November 30, 2018.
The analysis in this material is provided for information only and is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad-based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation by IB to buy, sell or hold such investments. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
Editor's Note: This article discusses one or more securities that do not trade on a major U.S. exchange. Please be aware of the risks associated with these stocks.
This article was written by
Analyst’s Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.
Business relationship disclosure: I am receiving compensation from my employer to produce this material.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.