The psychology of a contrarian investor.
Why geopolitical turmoil no longer move gold prices.
Using Motel 6 as an example to show monetary inflation.
Using ascent of man to understand demand for commodities.
Rick Rule, President & CEO of Sprott USA Holdings, shares with us on SBTV his valuable observations of investing the contrarian way and investor psychology needed to survive a bear market. We find out how Rick views physical gold and other resources that are on his radar at this moment.
Discussed in this interview:
- 01:11 Investing the contrarian way.
- 04:43 Investor's psychology in a bear market.
- 08:11 A bear market is a sale.
- 10:10 Ascent of man: The need for natural resources.
- 14:01 Gold: Bear or bull market?
- 19:24 Gold: An insurance and store of value.
- 24:47 Geopolitical turmoil no longer move gold prices?
- 27:35 Deciding between bullion, gold stocks and gold ETFs.
- 32:58 Other resources on Rick's radar (nickel, potash, uranium)
- 37:29 How resource stocks are affected in a financial crisis.
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.