Merger activity decreased last week with one new deal announced and one pending deal closing.
|Total Number of Deals Closed in 2018||174|
|Total Number of Deals Not Completed in 2018||15|
|Total Number of Pending Deals|
|Stock & Cash Deals||13|
|Total Number of Pending Deals||89|
|Total Deal Size||$1.38 trillion|
- The acquisition of Mindbody (NASDAQ:MB) by Vista Equity Partners for $1.9 billion or $36.50 per share in cash.
- On December 21, 2018, SiriusXM (NASDAQ:SIRI) and Pandora (NYSE:P) announced the termination of the waiting period required under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976. Pandora’s special meeting of stockholders to vote on the transaction is scheduled to be held on January 29, 2019. SiriusXM and Pandora continue to expect that the transaction will close in early 2019.
- On December 24, 2018, Cadence Bancorporation (NYSE:CADE) and State Bank Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:STBZ) jointly announced that Cadence has exercised its right to increase the exchange ratio in accordance with the terms of the definitive merger agreement between Cadence and State Bank. State Bank shareholders will receive 1.271 shares of Cadence Class A common stock for each share of State Bank common stock.
- On December 24, 2018, KLA-Tencor Corporation (NASDAQ:KLAC) and Orbotech (NASDAQ:ORBK) announced that KLA-Tencor continues to have advanced discussions with the State Administration for Market Regulation of the People's Republic of China (SAMR) regarding clearance of the proposed merger involving KLA-Tencor and Orbotech with a goal of obtaining clearance as soon as practicable in 2019.
- On December 27, 2018, Industrial Logistics Properties Trust (NASDAQ:ILPT) announced that Select Income REIT (NYSE:SIR) has informed it that SIR has completed the distribution of 45,000,000 common shares of ILPT that SIR owned.
- On December 28, 2018, Cloudera (NYSE:CLDR) announced that its shareholders approved the merger with Hortonworks (NASDAQ:HDP).
- On December 29, 2018, Nevsun Resources (NSU) and Zijin Mining Group announced that Zijin has been successful in its offer to purchase all of the issued and outstanding Nevsun common shares. In addition, pursuant to applicable Canadian securities laws, Zijin has extended the period shareholders of Nevsun have to tender their shares under the Offer by 10 days to January 7, 2019.
- The acquisition of Dell Technologies (DVMT) by Dell (NYSE:DELL) on December 28, 2018. It took 179 days for this deal to be completed.
Top 10 deals with largest spreads:
|INUV||11/05/2018||ConversionPoint Technologies, Inc. (N/A)||$2.22||$1.07||03/31/2019||107.48%||435.88%|
|EHIC||04/06/2018||Teamsport Parent Limited (N/A)||$13.50||$9.95||12/31/2018||35.68%||0.00%|
|AVA||07/19/2017||Hydro One Limited (N/A)||$53.00||$42.51||03/29/2019||24.68%||102.35%|
|GNW||10/23/2016||China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co., Ltd. (N/A)||$5.43||$4.6||01/31/2019||18.04%||212.45%|
|SHPG||05/08/2018||Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TKPYY)||$194.74||$173||01/08/2019||12.57%||573.35%|
|TAHO||11/14/2018||Pan American Silver Corp. (NASDAQ:PAAS)||$4.10||$3.66||03/31/2019||12.02%||48.76%|
|HMTA||10/01/2018||American National Bankshares Inc. (NASDAQ:AMNB)||$12.03||$10.81||03/31/2019||11.26%||45.65%|
|S||04/29/2018||T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ:TMUS)||$6.49||$5.84||06/30/2019||11.06%||22.30%|
|LKSD||10/31/2018||Quad/Graphics, Inc. (NYSE:QUAD)||$7.58||$6.88||06/30/2019||10.19%||20.55%|
|ORBK||03/19/2018||KLA-Tencor Corporation (KLAC)||$61.02||$55.78||12/31/2018||9.39%||0.00%|
Disclaimer: I hold positions in Athenahealth (ATHN), Finisar (FNSR) and Pandora (P). Please do your own due diligence before buying or selling any securities mentioned in this article. We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the content or data provided in this article.
Disclosure: I am/we are long ATHN, FNSR, P. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.