- Jacob Rubin, CIO at Philosophy Capital, discusses the investment thesis for Eros STX.
- He talks about the near term upside and likelihood of the company refinancing their debt.
- Also discuss the long term upside as the STX ramps their business and Eros Now gains momentum.
Jacob Rubin, managing member and CIO at Philosophy Capital, joins the podcast to talk about his long thesis on Eros STX (ESGC), how he thinks the stock could respond to a global refi, and the long term upside as they successful integrate their assets.
Disclosure: ESGC is a small cap and has a going concern risk; please do your own work and remember nothing on here is investing advice
- 0:00 - Intro
- 4:00 - Eros overview
- 6:00 - Pattern recognition from Loral (LORL)
- 10:15 - LORL's upside optionality / Canadian C-Band
- 16:00 - ESGC's solvable credit problem
- 19:30 - Eros's history with short reports
- 22:40 - Taking comfort in Liberty and Eros's CFO DD
- 29:30 - Pushing back on asset value
- 36:00 - Quantifying the post-refi upside
- 52:40 - Pushing back on the STX upside
- 1:00:30 - Pushing back the Eros Now Upside
- 1:11:40 - Quantifying the upside
This article was written by
Analyst’s Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.