The ETF Space Race Heats Up: ARKX Versus UFO (Podcast)
- The launch of the ARK Space Exploration ETF (ARKX) in late March was one of the most hyped ETF debuts in recent memory.
- Cestrian Capital Research's Alex King has been covering the space sector closely since starting to write for Seeking Alpha in 2017, amassing more than 10,000 followers in the process.
- He joins the podcast to help investors understand the key differences between the two space ETFs currently out there: ARKX and UFO.
Sign up for Let's Talk ETFs on your favorite podcast platform:
Listen and subscribe to the Marketplace Roundtable on these podcast platforms:
Editor's Note: A full transcript of this conversation will be published next week. Sign up to follow Let's Talk ETFs to be alerted when that article is available.
The launch of the ARK Space Exploration ETF (BATS:ARKX) in late March was one of the most hyped ETF debuts in recent memory, with a flurry of articles in the financial press and trending social media activity. Of course there's the Cathie Wood component to the excitement, with the fund manager she runs, ARK, crushing markets and growing AUM eleven-fold in 2020. But there's something about space as a sector that has many investors particularly excited at this moment in time.
Cestrian Capital Research's Alex King has been following the space sector very closely for years now, He even enrolled at the Space University, completing his executive education there in 2018. The following year, he launched his Seeking Alpha Marketplace service, The Fundamentals, with a focus on space and cloud computing names. He has picked up more than 10,000 followers on Seeking Alpha as a result of his coverage of these themes.
In today's episode of Let's Talk ETFs, Alex and I cover the space sector from top to bottom, delving into why Alex believes space is a particularly exciting opportunity at the present moment in time. Most importantly for investors considering investing in space via ETFs, Alex does a deep-dive head to head comparison of the two pure play space ETFs investors currently have a choice between: The ARK Space Exploration ETF (ARKX) and the Procure Space ETF (NASDAQ:UFO).
ARKX vs. UFO
For a full comparison between these two funds, click here.
- 3:00 - Alex's general approach to investing
- 7:45 - Why the space sector?
- 13:15 - Why is space a theme investors should be paying attention to at the current moment in time?
- 17:00 - Cathie Wood and ARK's investing style
- 22:00 - ARKX Under the Hood: Too much concentration in the top holdings?
- 24:30 - Analyzing top holding Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB)
- 28:45 - A head to head comparison: The ARK Space Exploration ETF (ARKX) vs. the Procure Space ETF (UFO)
This article was written by
Analyst’s Disclosure: I am/we are long ARKX, IRDM, MAXR, NSH, NSH.W. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
Alex King is long ARKX, IRDM, MAXR, NSH and NSH.W. Jonathan Liss doesn't have positions in any of the stocks or funds mentioned in today's show.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.