- Appian is a software company that provides low-code automation platform to help businesses operate more efficiently.
- CEO Matt Calkins talks speed of change. Every business has recently been challenged to change.
- Transition to more cloud-based subscription revenue, favorable and unfavorable conditions for the business.
- 0:53 - Matt's background; all 4 co-founders still at Appian (NASDAQ:APPN).
Focused on the best way to create efficiency - thinking about it through economic, not technical terms. Low-code, new way of building processes.
- 6:00: Moving at the speed of change. Past 2 years every business has been challenged to change. Process mining, workflow, automation.
- 13:00 - What humans are good at; what machines are good at (technology is supported by human decision making).
- 14:40 - Breathtakingly large TAM; how quickly it's growing.
- 23:20 - Built to be an acquirer, not an acquiree.
- 26:00 - Recent earnings - don't pay too much attention to total revenue. The growth number that matters is cloud subscriptions revenue.
- 36:30 - Disruptive trends coming. How to mitigate risk.
- 41:00 - 2022 goals.
This article was written by
Quality leadership is a significant factor in successful companies. CEO Interviews brings you informed conversations with CEOs in the publicly traded markets. The show provides intimate and in-depth investing discussions with industry leaders across all sectors of the marketplace.