The Chart of the Day belongs to the IT Infrastructure company Switch (SWCH). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening function to find the stock with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals that are closest to their 52 week highs, then used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/3 the stock gained 14.94%. The stock is within .06% of its 52 week high.
Switch, Inc., through its subsidiary, Switch, Ltd., provides colocation space and related services. It develops and operates data centers in Nevada, Michigan, and Georgia. The company serves technology and digital media companies, financial institutions, government agencies, and network and telecommunications providers, as well as cloud, IT, and software providers. Switch, Inc. was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart Technical Indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 85.50+ Weighted Alpha
- 88.47% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 19.33% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.58%
- Technical support level at 31.10
- Recently traded at 31.55 with a 50 day moving average of 26.83
- Market Cap $7.64 billion
- P/E 192.63
- Dividend yield .68%
- Revenue expected to grow 13.30% this year and another 11.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 525.00% this year, an additional 20.00% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 23.00% for the next 5 years
Analysts and Investor Sentiment - I don't buy stocks because everyone else is buying but I do realize that if major firms and investors are dumping a stock it's hard to make money swimming against the tide:
- Wall Street analysts issued 8 strong buy, 5 buy, 2 hold opinions on the stock
- Some analysts have a price target as high as 35.00
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 28 to 3 for the stock to beat the market with the more experienced investors voting 7 to 0 for the same result
- 7,790 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha