Cal-Maine Foods Keeps Rising
- 100% technical buy signals.
- 12 new highs and up 32.54% in the last month.
- 51.17% gain in the last year.
- At a 52 week high.
The Chart of the Day belongs to the egg producer and distributor Cal-Maine Foods (CALM). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening function to find the stock with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals that are closest to their 52 week highs, then used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/14 the stock gained 28.59%. The stock is at its 52 week high.
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, produces, grades, packages, markets, and distributes shell eggs. The company offers specialty shell eggs, such as nutritionally enhanced, cage free, organic, and brown eggs under the Egg-Land's Best, Land O' Lakes, Farmhouse, and 4-Grain brand names, as well as under private labels. It sells its products to various customers, including national and regional grocery store chains, club stores, foodservice distributors, and egg product consumers primarily in the southwestern, southeastern, mid-western, and mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. was founded in 1957 and is headquartered in Ridgeland, Mississippi. (Yahoo Finance)
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart Technical Indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 76.50+ Weighted Alpha
- 51.17% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 32.54% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 86.78%
- Technical support level at 56.45
- Recently traded at 25.70 with a 50 day moving average of 44.81
- Market Cap $2.87 billion
- P/E 149.24
- Revenue expected to grow 30.90% this year and another 7.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 3,550.00% this year, an additional 46.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 244.00% for the next 5 years
Analysts and Investor Sentiment -- I don't buy stocks because everyone else is buying but I do realize that if major firms and investors are dumping a stock it's hard to make money swimming against the tide:
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy, 3 hold and 2 under perform opinions on the stock
- Some analysts have a price target as high as 65.00
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 763 to 39 for the stock to beat the market with the more experienced investors voting 95 to 5 for the same result
- 8,420 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
|Now||3M ago||6M ago|
Ranked in Industry
Ranked in Sector
This article was written by
Analyst’s Disclosure: I/we have no stock, option or similar derivative position in any of the companies mentioned, but may initiate a beneficial Long position through a purchase of the stock, or the purchase of call options or similar derivatives in CALM over the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stocks are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.