This has been a sleepy week here in the Valley, but it’s time to wake up: this afternoon brings a boatload of pre-Labor Day earnings news. It’s pretty much the last gasp for the June and July quarter companies; with tomorrow the last trading day of August, it’s almost time for the first round of September-quarter pre-announcements. Something to look forward to when you get back from the beach.
The big news after hours will be Dell’s (DELL) report on its fiscal second quarter ended July. The Street is expecting sales of $15.95 billion and profits of 36 cents a share.
But there are quite a few other reports on tap. Here’s a rundown on the rest of this afternoon’s busy schedule:
- Novellus (NASDAQ:NVLS-OLD) holds a mid-quarter update on Q3 results; the Street consensus is for revenue of $246.38 million and profits of 4 cents a share. The company previously forecast revenue of $240 million to $252 million and EPS of 1-5 cents a share.
- Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) will report its fiscal Q2 ended July. The Street sees $836.7 million and 22 cents a share. The company’s forecast was for revenue of $830 million to $840 million.
- Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) will post its fiscal Q2 ended July. The company had forecast revenue to be up slightly on a sequential basis from the $56.9 million reported in Q1; the Street sees 56.7 million and 40 cents.
- Silicon Graphics (SGIC) will post results for its fiscal fourth quarter ended June; sadly, the company no longer has any active analyst coverage, so you’re on your own on that one.
- Aruba Networks (NASDAQ:ARUN) will unveil results for its fiscal fourth quarter ended July; the Street consensus is for revenue of $46.5 million and a loss of a penny a share.
- Novell (NASDAQ:NOVL) will announce results for its fiscal third quarter ended July. The Street expects $241.4 million in revenue and profits of 5 cents a share.
- OmniVision (NASDAQ:OVTI) will report results for its fiscal first quarter ended July. The consensus is for revenue $171.4 million and profits of 28 cents a share. The company had forecast sales of $170 million to $190 million and EPS of 27-40 cents.
- Wind River (WIND) will disclose results for its fiscal second quarter ended July. The Street is looking for revenue of $87.8 million and profits of 8 cents a share. The company forecast was for $86 million to $88 million, and 7-8 cents.
- Magma Design Automation (NASDAQ:LAVA) will post results for its fiscal first quarter ended June. The Street sees revenue of $44.9 million and a loss of a penny a share.
In today’s trading:
- Dell is off 50 cents, or 2%, at $25.13.
- Novellus is up 40 cents, or 1.8%, at $22.80.
- Marvell is up 21 cents, or 1.5%, at $14.65.
- Sigma is up 35 cents, or 2%, at $17.65.
- Silicon Graphics is off 3 cents, or 0.5%, at $5.94.
- Aruba is off 4 cents, or 0.7%, at $6.10.
- Novell is up 8 cents, or 1.4%, at $5.99.
- OmniVision is down 30 cents, or 2.7%, at $10.89.
- Wind River is up 9 cents, or 0.8%, at $12.08.
- Magma is up 9 cents, or 1.6%, at $5.59.