"Truly conservative actions arise from intelligent hypotheses, correct facts and sound reasoning." - Warren Buffett January 18th 1965.
Furbonacci is an equity research collaborative in Cranston, RI. We run fundamental value screens followed by technical screens to identify equities that may be at significant turning points. Fundamental research is primarily done by reading past annual reports and quarterly statements. Technical analysis is performed on multiple time frames to identify key support and resistance levels, trends and potential turning points. Co-founder Joseph Agresti graduated with a degree in Finance from the University of Connecticut and was employed in 2007-2008 as a prop trader for Chimera Securities in Boston, MA. Co-founder Carl Jetty has an undergraduate degree in Applied Economics from the University of Rhode Island, where his passion for Technical Analysis was first discovered and developed.
Following my studies in Business, Law, and Economics at McGill University (B.Com., LL.B., B.C.L.) and Johns Hopkins University (M.A. in International Economics), I began practicing law. I have worked as a Public Interest Attorney for 10 years, helping Seniors seek justice in a society where they are often victimized because they are a vulnerable population.
Beginning in 2007, I became consumed with how our leaders were reacting to the crisis. The bailouts of private banks by an ideological free market Republican administration was a game-changing event for all of us. You don't have to be a financial genius to understand that you cannot have Capitalism without failure. Saving our severely compromised banking and financial structures meant a number of things:
1. A Republican administration had opted to privatize profits and socialize losses. The party of self-professed ideological free marketers had done a 100% capitulation as soon as they were confronted by a crisis. That is beyond inexcusable.
2. Our capitalist system was not going to be allowed to clear itself of failed institutions, failed leaders (private and public sector), and corruption throughout our political economy.
3. Our leaders could not be trusted to act in the best interest of their constituents. Rather, they had been co-opted by private interests and were putting us all at risk to save the wealthy and powerful from their own catastrophic legacies.
4. EVERYONE must now be on top of the macroeconomic realities that our leaders are creating for us. They are taking immense risks with our future.
5. The moral hazard created within our society - from the very highest level of banks that now know that they will be bailed out, to the most modest borrower who is being taught to believe that the gov't will step in to stop asset price declines - must be taken into consideration by all economic actors.
Fast forward 3 years and a Democratic administration has carried on the same compromised policies. In fact they have expanded them. The same people, in both the private sector and the public sector, are in place. The too big to fail banks are bigger and more entrenched than ever. The incentive systems that put us all at risk have not changed.
My mission is as follows:
1. To assess who (analysts, economists, journalists, etc.) can be trusted in terms of uncompromised analysis.
2. To read everything possible, with an eye to protecting US from THEM.
3. To share information, analysis, and conclusions with our community. Community is key.
Our team is based in Chicago and New York with experience at Google, The Wall Street Journal, Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, Tribune and WallStreetView.
YCharts visualizes massive amounts of market information to identify companies with long-term competitive advantages and appropriate valuations. Fundamentals matter and we believe it’s important to understand how companies perform over time and relative to their peers. We cover over 20,000 U.S. & Canadian companies and manage over 40 million investor trends in real-time.
Balance Junkie is a blog about personal finance, economics, investing and life balance. We cover a diverse array of topics from monetary policy and economics to spending, saving, and planning for the future.
Derastone (DS) is an investment firm focused on US Equities run by Gabriel Kaplan, CPA.
Disclaimer: All content written on Seeking Alpha by Derastone LLC (DS) is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell, or hold any specific security or class of security. DS is not providing investment research reports. DS's opinions expressed herein address only select certain aspects of the companies mentioned and cannot be a substitute for comprehensive investment analysis. Any analysis presented herein is illustrative in nature, limited in scope, and is for discussion purposes only. The information upon which this material is based was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but has not been independently verified. Therefore, DS cannot guarantee its accuracy. Any opinions or estimates constitute the author's best judgment as of the date of publication, and are subject to change without notice. Fixed income securities are subject to various risks including interest rate risk, credit risk, and market risk which could result in the total loss of the investment.
THINK TANK AND STRATEGIC ADVISORY ON
Wealth Management - Global Capital Markets
Geoeconomics - Global Macroeconomics - Geostrategy
Future Scenario - Risk Prevention
has been established beginning of 2014 as Scientific Think Tank and
Strategic Advisory on the fields below by its Principal and CEO Dr. Thomas C. Heynen.
GeoCapital Economics advises on Economic and Financial Solutions for
profiteering from yielding Investments. For qualified Clients, we
facilitate bank secured Private Placement, Buy and Sell Programs. Place your request.
Wealth Management and Global Capital Markets
Investment Banking and Finance
Specialist Banking and Private Placement
Corporate Finance and Private Banking
Project Development and Funding
Facilitation of Financial Transactions
As Scientific Think Tank GeoCapital
Economics is providing its Clients Specialist Guidance in challenging
Competitive Advantage, Market Leadership and Sustainability initiating
profitable Growth, Economic Development and improving Economies of
Scale. Find out by contacting us.
Scientific Research and Strategic Analyses
Economic Intelligence and Strategic Management
Geostrategic Economics and Geoeconomics
Strategy of Economic Spaces and Policy Formulation
Global Macroeconomics and Qualitative Analysis
Future Scenario and Risk Prevention