As reported by Forbes, the major U.S. equity indexes had a quiet start Thursday morning following the latest interest rate decision from the European Central Bank, but much of the focus remained on Apple after the news Wednesday that founder Steve Jobs died. Golden Networking's Venture Capital Happy Hour 2011, “A New Era for Hedge Funds as to Networking with Alternative Professionals,” www.goldennetworking.net/flyer_preview.p..., New York City. Venture Capital Happy Hour 2011 will examine the challenges facing American companies that want to grow and expand their business in Venture Capital industry, the opportunities to find investment partners that can provide a much-needed capital injection while opening the Venture Capital market, as well as important considerations to look at so that the Venture Capital industry could keep moving forward.
Jobs, who stepped down from the CEO role in August and has spent much of the past several years on medical leave — handing the reins to Tim Cook — is widely-praised as a visionary in areas ranging from technology to consumer products and media.
Apple shares cut their pre-market losses Thursday before the bell, opening down 0.9% at $374.88l, and the question for investors moving forward is whether Steve Jobs’ innovative force has been institutionalized in a way that will keep the company at the cutting edge. Those questions will not be answered in a day, a week, or a year. In the near-term, further expansion in China and broader adoption of smartphones and tablets around the world should keep Apple’s profit machine humming.
Venture Capital Happy Hour 2011 is produced by Golden Networking (www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Upcoming Golden Networking's Forums and Business Receptions include:
• China Leaders Forum 2011 New York, "How American Companies Can Plug into the Chinese Rocket-Propelled Economy?" (www.ChinaLeadersForum.com), October 7, New York
• Hedge Funds Happy Hour New York (www.hfhappyhour.com), October 11, New York City
• Private Equity Happy Hour New York (pehappyhour.com), October 19, New York
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Sao Paulo, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (thespeedtradersworkshopsaopaulo.eventbri...), October 24, Sao Paulo
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Sao Paulo, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (hftleadersforumsaopaulo.eventbrite.com), October 24-26, Sao Paulo, Brazil
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Hong Kong (hfthappyhourhongkong.eventbrite.com), October 27, Hong Kong
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Singapore (hfthappyhoursingapore.eventbrite.com), October 27, Singapore
• Public Finance Leaders Forum 2011 New York, "Navigating Uncharted Territories After S&P's U.S. Debt Downgrade from its Gilt-Edged AAA Credit Rating" (www.PublicFinanceLeadersForum.com), November 9, New York
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Singapore, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (thespeedtradersworkshopsingapore.eventbr...), November 13, Singapore
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Singapore, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (hftleadersforumsingapore.eventbrite.com), November 13-15, Singapore
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Hong Kong, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (thespeedtradersworkshophk.eventbrite.com), December 12, Hong Kong
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Hong Kong , "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (hftleadersforumhongkong.eventbrite.com), December, 12-14, Hong Kong
Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders and Experts Forums, including:
• High Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 DVD Video Package, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World", www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• High Frequency Trading Experts Workshop DVD Video Package, "Practical Implementation of High Frequency Trading Strategies", www.HFTExpertsWorkshop.com
• 2nd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, "Is the Chinese Dragon Poised for Global Dominance or Economic Implosion?", www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate", www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com
• Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework", www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com
• High Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
• High Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High Frequency Trading Operation", www.HFTExpertsForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
• China Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "Addressing the Challenges Posed by the Present Wave of Chinese Globalization", www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections", Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market", Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10".