Please Note: Blog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors.

Mastercard, My Largest Holding

|About: Mastercard Incorporated (MA), Includes: V
Summary

Mastercard is the largest holding in my portfolio, with shares representing 4.7% of portfolio value and options for full delta of 5.5% portfolio value.

From Sept. 27, 2018 (quote $221.09) to Sept 27, 2019, share value has appreciated 21.1%, while dividends added 0.7% on the initial quote for total return of 21.8%.

From Sept. 27, 2018 to Sept 27, 2019, total return on MA has exceeded that of the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) by 18.1%.

My portfolio is composed of suggestions from portfolio services and appears in 3 of 5 portfolio services I follow and invest in.  The majority of these services are sold by The Motley Fool.

I intend to continue to hold the positions, however, I am particularly interested in opposing views.  I invite particularly contrarian views and open discussion on "what maybe a better holding" and "concerns and risks for the Mastercard stock investor".

The things I particularly like about MA are:

1: the proven growth in share value first, however that is a straw man argument for being long today.

2: the portfolio services recommendations.

3: the position MA has in payments processing worldwide.

There are no items of concern beyond those that others have stated on Seeking Alpha, other than:

1: there do not seem to be too many bearish views.  That in itself is enough for me to question my choice of such an instrument.

Mastercard is a world leader in the processing of credit card payments.

Disclosure: I am/we are long MA.

Additional disclosure: Long shares, long $100 leaps Jan. 15, 2021, short $265 leaps Jan. 17, 2020