Here are some thoughts about the weather for today.
- I need to look at another set of data that will come out in the next day or so, but initial indications are that El Nino surfaced between Galapagos and northern Peru this week. The main wedge is still submerged 30 meters under the sea surface.
- No surprise on JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) this morning. Weather became a Q1 factor the first week of January and it went downhill from there.
- If JetBlue had weather issues, SkyWest (NASDAQ:SKYW) will have more. The SkyWest and ExpressJet delayed and cancelled flight list is a long one.
- Cliffs Natural Resources (NYSE:CLF) reports today and weather will be a factor after a record Great Lakes ice cover. CLF , of course, has other issues and the weather impact will probably just be more fuel for Casablanca. CLF has been on my hot list of weather stocks since January.
- In-house models show Brazil will continue to have dry weather through July which will send coffee prices higher in the long run.
Enough for today. Global water (generally too much water) is my main newsletter topic lately.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.