There have been 7 director departures from the board of Autoliv, Inc. (NYSE: ALV) since Apr-07. In addition, the announcement today of Lars Nyberg as Chairman represents ALV's third chairman since Apr-07.
This is the history of the departures and chairmen:
- In Apr-07, Chairman S. Jay Stewart was succeeded by Lars Westerberg. Stewart continued as a director at the time.
- Per-Olof Aronson (then age 77, a member of the audit and compensation committees) did not stand for re-election at the 2007 annual meeting.
- In Aug-07, Tetsuo Sekiya (then age 73, a member of the compensation and nominating committees) retired.
- Per Welin (then age 71, Chairman of the audit committee) retired at the 2009 annual meeting.
- William Johnston, Jr. (then age 68, a member of the compensation and nominating committees) passed away in Oct-09.
- S. Jay Stewart (then age 72, Chairman of the nominating and corporate governance committees) and Sune Carlsson (then age 69, a member of the audit committee) did not stand for re-election at the 2011 annual meeting.
- On 12-Dec-11, ALV announced that Chairman Westerberg (age 62) wished to resign from the board and asked that a successor be found as soon as possible.
- On 20-Dec-11, the company announced that Lars Nyberg (a director since Oct-04) was elected Chairman.