How do I find the right firm for me?
Here are a bunch of questions you should be asking:
1. Do you allow traders to trade remotely?
2. Do you require Series 7 or Series 56?
3. What are your commissions rates?
4. What's your payout split?
5. Do you pass back exchange rebate fees?
6. Do you offer advanced order routing mechanisms? Do you have access to midpoint routes and dark pools? Please elaborate
7. Do you have special relationships with floor brokers (floor routes)? If so please describe the fee and rebate structure?
8. What is the capital contribution requirement? Please describe any risk management parameters (such as max drawdown per day) that you have.
9. Do you offer any training for your platforms and entry systems?
10. Please elaborate on how much buying power you provide? If this depends on capital contribution, please elaborate on that too.
11. How do you process payouts to your traders?
12. What trading platforms are available to traders? What are the available data entitlements and other associated fees?
13. Please describe any other fees that you require traders to pay?
For Proprietary Trading Firm reviews, news, rumors & opinions, visit Proprietary Trading