The $4,995 Starter Pack announcement comes as a slew of vendors are focused on the adoption path for private clouds. More private cloud developments are expected at next week's VWworld conference.
Platform ISF manages application workloads across multiple virtual machine (VM) technologies and provisioning tools. It includes self-service, automated provisioning and chargeback capabilities. It supports multiple VM technologies, including ESX, Xen, KVM and Hyper-V, as well as popular provisioning tools, such as Red Hat Satellite, IBM xCAT, Symantec Altiris, and Platform Cluster Manager. [Disclosure: Platform Computing is a sponsor of BriefingsDirect podcasts.]
“Organizations have plenty of toolkits to choose from as they evaluate private cloud, but they require multiple tools that users must string together themselves,” said James Pang, Vice President Product Management for Platform. “What’s more, these toolkits can cost $50,000 or more, and require 30-plus days of onsite consulting to build and customize an evaluation environment. We wanted to provide a cheap and easy way for users to get up and running quickly with a single product."
Software and best practices
The ISF Starter Pack, which costs $4,995, includes software, best practices advice and help to set up private cloud and includes:
- One-year Platform ISF term license for 10 sockets, including support
- Half-day orientation training
- Half-day cloud building consultation
- Integration advice for Platform ISF with your internal tools
- CERN's evolutions to cloud computing portends revolution in Extreme IT productivity
- Platform applies HPC lessons to 'private' cloud creation, operations, efficiency
- Private cloud models: Moving beyond static grid computing addiction
Disclosure: No positions.