Ross Aldridge Consultants in Las Vegas Nevada reviewed the Goldman Sach’s report a of possible global stock market correction that is in the path of the Totality Eclipse, (“TE”), due to pass across portions of the United States on August 21, 2017. The reports main thrust related the similarities between the last time a TE transit crossed the United States in1925. Jim Cramer has dedicated a week of air time on “Mad Money” selling that history does not have to repeat itself? FACT: Totality Eclipse paths create Energy-Frequency-Vibrations anomalies on measurable levels. Interestingly, the report reflected some proven data that our contributor Steve Puetz had previously documented. Puetz studied the eight greatest crashes in financial history and discovered that all eight crashes occurred 6 days before to 3 days after a full Moon that occurred within 6 weeks of a solar eclipse. The odds of that being a coincidence, according to Puetz calculation, is less than 1 in 127,000. With all of the physic and astrological mixture being submitted we are reminded that Ronal Regan conducted the national business based on astrological readings? Bottom Line For This Reading: Bulls Run For 12 More Months-Long & Strong! FACT: On average since 1900, 10 months have separated major market turning points and total solar eclipses that were visible within the U.S. But there was a huge range: The standard deviation of this spread between turning points and eclipses was 6.6 months, which means that—assuming the future is like the past—we can at the 95% confidence level say that the Aug. 21 eclipse will be followed by a bull market top within 23 months”.
First let’s make sure we distinguish the differences in types of eclipses:
As seen from the Earth, a solar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes between the Sun and the Earth, and the Moon fully or partially covers the Sun as viewed from a location on Earth. This can only happen during a new Moon, when the Sun and Moon are in conjunction as seen from Earth.
A total eclipse occurs when the dark silhouette of the Moon completely obscures the intensely bright disk of the Sun, allowing the much fainter solar corona to be visible. During any one eclipse, totality only occurs at best in a narrow track on the surface of the Earth.
An annular eclipse occurs when the Sun and Moon are exactly in line, but the apparent size of the Moon is smaller than that of the Sun. Hence the Sun appears as a very bright ring, or annulus, surrounding the outline of the Moon.
A partial eclipse occurs when the Sun and Moon are not exactly in line and the Moon only partially obscures the Sun. This phenomenon can usually be seen from a large part of the Earth outside of the track of an annular or total eclipse. However, some eclipses can only be seen as a partial eclipse, because the umbra passes above the Earth's polar regions and never intersects the Earth's surface.
Total solar eclipses are the most powerful astrological factor, only occurring once every 1-3 years: 1999 - 2001, 2002, 2003 - 2006 - 2008, 2009, 2010 - 2012 - 2015. There are numerous ways to interpret a solar eclipse. The eclipses 1999 & 2009 stand out, they are the 2 key eclipses since 1991. Below please find the 7 factors to analyze eclipses:
(1) type: A total solar eclipse is the most important, the annular eclipse is quite important, too. Moon eclipses & partial solar eclipses are not important.
(2) duration: E.g. the 7/22/09 eclipse was the longest in the 21st century with 409 seconds, suggesting it will set the course for a very long time.
(3) gamma: This number informs us about the strength of an eclipse (position within the Saros cycle lasting about ~1270 years, consisting of 68-82 eclipses): the closer to 0, the more central the eclipse and the more. The 7/22/09 eclipse had a gamma of 0.07 and thus was the most powerful in the 21st century. This is the 2nd reason why this eclipse is supposed to set the path for decades).
(4) sign of the zodiac: The 8/11/1999 eclipse was in the sign Leo which rules gold. Exactly in August 1999 the 20-year bear market in gold was over and a bull market of 11 years (so far) began. Silver had its bear market lows in late 2001 with the annular eclipse 12/14/01. Oil already bottomed in 1998 after the 2/26/98 being located at 8° Pisces. The sign Pisces is ruled by Jupiter & Neptune, the two signifiers of inflation & thus the inflation markets (= commodities). Interestingly the inflation-adjusted high in commodities in early 1980 came after the eclipse on the same date of the year (2/26/1979). Eclipses do often repeat after 19 years near the same degree, this is the so-called metonic cycle.
(5) aspects: The very important 8/11/1999 eclipse was embedded in a Grand Cross, the most difficult of all constellations. In contrast, the 7/22/09 had a friendly trine to Uranus, a sign of positive surprises (surprising economic boom around that time).
(6) degree: The 7/22/09 eclipse was in the 30th degree of Cancer. The 30th (final) degree in every sign is a degree of fate. With 4 planets in the sign Cancer the US is a Cancer country, and it appears the fate of the US is sealed. 18-19° Leo, the degree of the 8/11/1999 eclipse, is working through today.
(7) eclipse path: The umbra tells us where on the planet a solar eclipse is total. Small or medium-sized countries this is a rare and thus a very important event, e.g. the last total eclipse in Switzerland was in 1724, the next one will be in 2081.
Key eclipses turn secular trends in the financial markets lasting 10 years and longer, with a window of +/- several months:
- 7/11/1991 (reason for significance: gamma close to zero): biggest equity bear market 1987-98 ends in late 1990, silver & wheat drop to the lowest level since the 1970s in late 1990, oil is at a 10-year high in late 1190, in early 1911 the euro is at a 17-year high
- 8/11/1999 (reason for significance: Grand Cross - see chart below): 1999 gold & wheat terminate a 20-year bear market, 1-3/2000 inflation-adjusted all-time highs of Western stock indices, 1/2000 bonds at a 10-year low, late 1998 oil at a 13-year low
- 7/22/2009 (reason for significance: gamma close to zero & length of eclipse): in late 2008/ early 2009 US bonds formed their all-time high so far, during the same time frame most other markets (stocks, oil, precious metals) were on multi-year lows
Progressions & transits to eclipse stock markets
Claudia von Schierstedt calls the degree of an eclipse a ‚graffiti'. This degree is important (in the case of key eclipses even for many years) when activated by transits. Example: since 1999 Mars has aspected the graffiti of the 8/11/1999 solar eclipse 22 times. With just one exception a rally of 15-58% was triggered in crude oil, 20 out of 21 times at least +17%.
Progressions have something to say, too. In the secondary progressed eclipse horoscope 8/11/1999 there are only 3 direction changes of planets in the time frame 2000-2030:
- 3/23/2007 Pluto: A few weeks before the biggest real estate bubble of all time burst. In 2007 the biggest bear market in equities & the biggest economic depression since the 1930s started.
- 4/4/2013 Jupiter: This is one of the myriads of factors aligning in late 2012/ early 2013, making this the key period of the 21st century.
- 3/16/2018 Saturn: This appears to be the high of global martial activity in the 21st century. War fighting on the planet should rise to the highest level since WW2, presumably accompanied by the inflation-adjusted high in the 21st century.
The previous key eclipse 7/11/1991 agrees, because in this horoscope the only direction change in secondary progression between 2012 and 2042 will take place on 9/23/2018. Between 1991 & 2012 there was only one direction change: namely on 9/20/2008 (default planet Pluto). Just a few days before the Lehman collapse triggered the biggest financial crisis in history and the most devastating crash.
Totality Eclipse path creates Energy-Frequency-Vibrations on measurable levels
The eclipse path of a solar eclipse energizes certain parts of the world and they become the political-economic center. The umbra of the key eclipse 8/11/1999 was close to Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Munich, Vienna and other metro poles. So it energized Europe and marked the introduction of the euro, a unique and fatal historical event. Germany as the headquarters of the European Central Bank (ECB) was hit by the umbra of a total eclipse for the first time in 1999 (Link), exactly in the year of the introduction of the euro 1999. This explains why from 2000 on the euro could outdistance all other major currencies for many years.
The eclipse 10/3/2005 was the only one in the period 2001-20 that touched Europe, Spain to be precise. Around 2005 the biggest real estate bubble in history developed, with the focus on Spain: at times more than half of the European building machinery was in this country which has less than 10% of the EU population (some 500 million citizens).
However, the next key solar eclipse July 21/22, 2009 turned the trend. This extremely powerful eclipse energized India, China & other Asian economies (marginally also Japan) and thus the global energy went from Europe to Asia. So the focus of global interest will be on Asia for many years. Thus the strategic investment position LONG the euro held for several years was exited in 2008. It was pretty clear that the secular uptrend of Europe & the European currency would be terminated by the upcoming eclipse. The key is to understand: boom countries & regions have a hard currency, countries & regions in decline a soft currency. The Chinese renminbi is pegged to the US$ and can therefore not be interpreted. However, the chart of euro & Indian rupee is quite revealing: EUR/INR topped some weeks after the 7/22/09 and has been in free fall for over a year (source: netdania.com).
The first 4 years after the bursting of a bubble follow a typical pattern, which can also be applied to the Euro(PE) bubble until Q2/2008:
- Elliot t wave A 2008-10: The first 2 years after a bubble peak are sharply lower, this is the crash.
- Elliot t wave B 2010-11: After the crash expect a recovery for about a year.
- Elliot t wave C 2011-12: Finally there is a down wave for about 1 year, which is rather moderate (no crash).
This aligns with my eclipse analysis as the next important eclipse is the annual solar eclipse 5/20/2012. The umbra is connecting USA & Japan(Link), which is the only total eclipse between 2001 & 2016 for both countries. In 2012 the crisis will shift to the true epicenter: USA & Japan. Japan has a total government debt of 230% in terms of GDP and government expenses are more than 100% higher than revenues, this nation is a zombie. But in the US expenses will soon be twice as large as revenues, too.
Typically government deficits are stated in terms of GDP, a very clever (OTCPK:SOFT) statistical manipulation to make the numbers look artificially small. However, in reality this number is hardly relevant; the primary number to watch is how much higher are expenses in terms of revenues. A Japanese budget deficit of 9% doesn't sound too scary, does it? However, stating that expenses are more than 100% higher than revenue will raise red flags in everyone with basic knowledge of math.
The umbra of solar eclipses determines where & when most of the global transformation takes place, the what (type of transformation) is determined by fundamental analysis. Fundamental imbalances may persist for years and even decades, but the party is definitely over when the eclipse energy comes into the atmosphere.
- The first eclipse in the Saros cycle on 1/4/1639 (number -39 ended the conflict between the Ottoman empire and Persia since 1514. Afterwards the region was comparably peaceful for centuries (the Middle East should continue to be the epicenter of war on the planet).
- The 5/26/1873 eclipse (number -26) coincided with a big crash emanating from the Vienna Stock Exchange ("Gründerzeitkrach") within 2 weeks, triggering the biggest economic depression of the 19th century.
- The 7/9/1945 eclipse (number -22) ended the most bloody war in history.
- The 8/11/1999 eclipse (number -19) marked the end of the biggest stock market mania in history and the global stock markets set their all-time high in real terms. This eclipse also marked the transition of power from the US to Europe.
- eclipse 8/21/2017 (number -18): The end of a major war between mid-2017 and mid-2018 is cross-confirmed by numerous factors. Interestingly, the umbra of this eclipse passes only over one country: the US. So the United States and the Middle East will the center of the coming major war.
6. Given the findings of these and other studies, I think even the most skeptical of you will agree that the proper response is to be rigorously empirical in dealing with the possibility that the upcoming solar eclipse’s ripple effects will show up in the S&P 500 SPX, -0.36% the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.26% and other major averages.
7. My first step was to try correlating solar eclipses with major market turning points. I focused only on total solar eclipses as opposed to partial ones, and furthermore on just those that were visible within the United States. There were 13 that met the criteria. For stock-market turning points, I relied on the bull and bear market calendar maintained by Ned Davis Research.
8. I found little correlation. On no occasion did a total solar eclipse visible in the U.S. occur on the day of a major market turning point. The closest was the market bottom on Sept. 7, 1932, which came just a week following the eclipse on Aug. 31 of that year. But other eclipses haven’t occurred anywhere near as close to turning points. The eclipse on Jan. 24, 1925, for example, came in the middle of the great bull market of the 1920s; no major trend change was on even the distant horizon.
9. On average since 1900, 10 months have separated major market turning points and total solar eclipses that were visible within the U.S. But there was a huge range: The standard deviation of this spread between turning points and eclipses was 6.6 months, which means that—assuming the future is like the past—we can at the 95% confidence level say that the Aug. 21 eclipse will be followed by a bull market top within 23 months.
10. Doesn’t tell you much, does it?
11. Might it be that even though the major trend doesn’t change when there is a solar eclipse, the stock market performs better or worse than average? To check that possibility, measur the Dow Jones Industrial Average’s returns over the week, month, quarter and year before and subsequent to each eclipse. Once again came up empty.
12. That’s because there was a fairly even distribution between eclipses for which the stock market was followed by below-average returns and those for which there was above-average performance. The same was true for returns before those eclipses. My PC’s statistical software was unable to detect any unusual pattern in any of these returns.
13. The bottom line? It’s difficult to conclude from the history of past eclipses that the Aug. 21 eclipse this year will end up being particularly momentous for the stock market.
14. That doesn’t mean it won’t be momentous in other ways, however, according to Arch Crawford, editor of the Crawford Perspectives, who bases his market timing advice on both technical analysis and “planetary cycles.” In the most recent issue of his newsletter, he specifically mentions the Aug. 1, 2008, solar eclipse that was visible in Russia. Six days later that country went to war with Georgia, the former constituent republic of the U.S.S.R.
15. Crawford writes that, in the wake of the Aug. 21 eclipse this year, “hostile reactions will be immediate. Like it or not, historic events will ensue around this time, and most certainly involve the United States!”
16. He adds, however, that this hostility won’t spell the end of the bull market. He instead expects “a higher high after some further corrective action during this summer, perhaps around the December-January time frame.”
17. Eclipses happen on either a new Moon or a full Moon
A new Moon eclipse is a solar eclipse - a full Moon eclipse is a Lunar eclipse. An eclipse is important astrologically because the energy has a long lasting influence - just how long of an influence varies. Study has gone into exactly how long an eclipse has influence, yet there is actually no definitive answer. Some say energy from a solar eclipse can be felt for as many months that are equal to the minutes/hours the actual eclipse lasts, or the amount of time the shadow of the eclipse can be seen. Some simply say the energy of a solar eclipse can be felt up to 6 months, or until the next solar eclipse; Lunar Eclipses, not quite as long.
In any case, the reason the influence is long lasting is that the degree of the eclipse becomes very sensitive and the energy of the eclipse can dramatically reappear as transiting planets aspect the degree of the eclipse and other planetary positions in the eclipse chart.
Transiting planets can trigger problematic international world affairs and harsh geological events. Events that have potential to impact financial markets.
18. Malefic energy?
Ancient astrologers stressed the "malefic" quality of eclipses. In reality, the energy is simply increased, intensified action. Therefore, challenging aspects (squares and oppositions) from outer planets, which are difficult to begin with, have added intensity which makes them more problematical. Trines and sextiles - the so-called "easy" aspects can also be problematical, but most of the time the end results are fortunate.
In Summary: According to the Goldman Sach’s the Bull market will continue through May 2018. Also, interest rates will be contained with only a .75 increase during this period. As there will be no more digital currency created by Janet Yellen and the Federal Reserve we anticipate bigger corporation stock buy backs that will show increased earnings based on limitation of shares outstanding.
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in GS over the next 72 hours.