Profit From Zacks Investment Research Earnings Estimates Revisions Free Trial of Zacks a leading investment research firm focusing on equities earnings estimates and stock analysis for the individual investor, including stock picks, stock screening, portfolio stock tracker and stock screeners. "Earnings estimate revisions are the most powerful force impacting stock prices" Zack Investment Research Founder Leonard Zacks, Ph.D. Mathematics M.I.T.
April 29, 2011 - 3 Reasons to Love "EER" Investing
By: Steve Reitmeister
I wasn't always a good investor. Over the past 30 years I've made just about every mistake imaginable.
. Jumped in at the peak
. Jumped out too late
. Bought falling knives
. Doubled down on losers
. You name it, I probably did it.
By the time I joined up with Zacks Investment Research in August 1999, I had eradicated most of those bad habits. But as Len Zacks and his brother Ben pointed out...I had a lot to learn.
What they taught me is that, indeed, earnings estimate revisions [EER] are the most powerful force impacting stock prices. And nothing captures that power more than the Zacks Rank rating system as proven by its +28% per year annual return.
The timing of this profound investment message could not have been better for me. As the stock market bubble popped in 2000, I started to apply this new investing approach. So even though the market tumbled that year, I actually gained +16% in my personal account.
Was I hooked? Heck yes!!!
Each year since my knowledge and passion for this approach has grown. And there is nothing I like more than to share the wisdom of this investing strategy with others. My goal today is to spread some of that wisdom on to you so you can also enjoy great investment success in the years to come. I'm going to do that by listing...
The 3 Top Reasons to Love Earnings Estimate Revisions
1) The Most Fundamentally Sound Metric: There are so many different websites, magazines, books, TV stations etc. dedicated to investments. The amount of information overload is so unbearable that most investors walk away horribly confused about what is truly important to achieve success. So let me simplify the matter for you so you can push away all that noise and nonsense in the future.
At the end of the day, all stock price movements can be traced back to earnings.
Read that line again so it really sinks in. The reason it's true is from the basic fact that when you buy shares in a company, you are actually buying a percentage ownership stake in that firm. And if you are the owner of a company, big or small, then the single most important metric to gauge success is how much earnings are generated.
If profits go higher than expected, the share price will rise. Conversely if profits go lower than expected, the share price will come down as well. The stock market has always worked on this premise and it always will. And nothing captures the essence of this notion more than earnings estimate revisions.
2) Applies to Every Type of Investor: Because all stock price movements can be traced back to earnings, it follows that earnings should be at the heart of every investment decision. But that is not the same as saying that earnings are the ONLY thing to consider when selecting a stock. That is just the starting point. From there, each investor can layer on other concepts such as value, growth, charts etc. to find the stocks that fit their unique approach.
My favorite analogy for this is to say that earnings are to stock investing as flour is to baking. That's because nearly 100% of baked goods include flour in the recipe. What makes each item unique and delicious is what you add into it (sugar, flavorings, nuts, fruit, butter etc). Each way works out well, but each starts with flour to make it all come together. So you can apply other factors on top of earnings and estimates to make it suit your unique investment tastes as well.
3) It WORKS!: When you put the philosophy and analogies aside, earnings estimate revisions simply work. This is clearly proven by the market-crushing +28% average annual returns of the Zacks Rank since 1988. Through up and down markets it has provided extraordinary, life-changing results for investors. I can certainly testify that is true for me. So I know it can do the same for you too.
What to Do Next?
Over the years, millions of investors have come to Zacks.com and discovered the power of earnings estimate revisions. Most have tried to use the information for free on our site or others like Yahoo Finance.
But there's a more effective way to take advantage of the Zacks Rank. We've set up several private trading services that provide a handful of stocks to serve a variety of investment styles. For example, Momentum Trader, Chart Patterns Trader, Turnaround Trader, Small Caps Trader, Options Trader, Whisper Trader, and more.
Which of them fits you best? This week we are inviting you to find out through an extraordinary program. It's dubbed "The Great Zacks Stock Revelation" and backed with the boldest guarantee we've ever made. You can get in on it until Saturday, April 30. Then, for 30 days, you'll receive all the picks from all our trading services.
Here's the most exciting part: These are the best stocks from our most restricted trading services. In 2010, they amazingly turned up 84 double-digit gainers. Then, they really caught fire, closing out 41 double-digit winners during Q1 2011 alone.
If you don't currently share my belief in earnings estimate revisions, you may be convinced within the next 30 days.
Best, Steve Reitmeister
Steve is the Executive VP in charge of Zacks.com and all of its subscription services. His personal mission is to help investors achieve life-changing investment success by harnessing the power of earnings estimate revisions. Over the years, he has developed a full array of services to help investors do just that. Discover all of these services now to find the ones that perfectly fit your investment style. Learn more about Zacks Ultimate Trader.
Click here for a Free Trial of Zacks Premium
Wary Investors Have Unwittingly Created a Market-Beating Opportunity
Warren Buffett's advice, "Be greedy when others are fearful" has never been more on the mark than during today's hyper-volatile market. General investor wariness is causing a handful of terrific companies to suddenly emerge as "value stocks."
Zacks Investment Research Premium Tip #1 - Four Ways to Profit from the Zacks Rank
Start Picking Better Stocks with the Zacks Rank
Most people become members of Zacks Premium to master the Zacks Rank. They want to confidently know when to buy, hold, or sell stocks based upon our stock-picking system that has produced a +26% annual return since 1988. This email lesson will get you started on the right path.
Four Ways to Profit
1) Zacks Rank Education: Before you invest your hard earned money, it's best to learn the do's and don'ts of the Zacks Rank stock picking system. Visit the Zacks Rank Education homepage for videos and guides that will show you how to harness our profitable ratings.
2) Four Daily Buy Stocks: Every day we highlight four new buy recommendations in the upper right hand corner of the Zacks.com homepage and in our daily email newsletter, Profit from the Pros.
3) Zacks #1 Rank List: Start each of your next stock searches by viewing all the stocks we currently rate as Strong Buys. Check out the stocks most recently added as they have the best chance to jump in price.
4) Zacks Rank Homepage: Here you will find all the Zacks Rank features noted above and much more including our Zacks Industry Rank, which helps you find the best stocks in the best industries. Be sure to bookmark this page for future visits.
Click Here For A Free Trial To Profit From the Zacks Ranking System
Growth Stocks to Boom in Bear Markets
You'd think it would be easy to make a fortune with growth stocks. Just pick the fastest-growing companies and rake in the profit. The problem is that the stock prices of these companies shoot up before most investors can get aboard. What if somebody tipped you off to these growth spurts before Wall Street catches on? What if you could know about these companies before they even begin their moves?
Zacks Investment Research Premium Tip #2 - Portfolio Tracker & Email Alerts Are Cure for Information Overload
As a Zacks Premium free trial member you should set up a stock watch list on Zacks.com right now. It provides much more than just a robust online portfolio tracker. More importantly, you will receive daily email alerts that contain vital information affecting the future price of your stocks and mutual funds. These daily portfolio emails also include:
. Daily Zacks Rank changes for the short-term investor . Zacks Recommendation changes for the long-term investor . Earnings Estimate Revisions . Earnings Announcements . Earnings Surprises . Broker Recommendation Changes
These indicators are highlighted in each daily email to immediately let you know if urgent action is needed on any stock in your portfolio.
Customers say it takes only a minute or two each morning to review these email alerts.
Click Here To Get Your Free Portfolio Tracker and Email Alerts Now
Looking for More Than +28% gains?
Although the Chart Patterns Trader usually goes long, it also shorts stocks for big gains when the market heads south. Exciting trading days for investors, IF you know how to exploit them. Fact is, stocks have been beaten down during the Great Recession. Now many companies are primed to pop in price. Others already popped and are ready to plunge. So, going long or short, you'd think it would be easy to make a fortune. One small problem. A stock may look good or bad fundamentally - and may be clearly undervalued or overvalued - but that doesn't mean it's ready to move.
Zacks Investment Research Premium Tip #3 - About Zacks Recommendations & Investing for the Long Haul
There are approximately 4400 stocks covered by the Zacks Rank. But the Zacks Rank is only a short term rating system with a 1 to 3 month time horizon.
Our goal was to develop a model that would produce superior long term ratings on the same group of 4400 stocks. This has been fully realized through the creation of Zacks Recommendations which have proven to be an excellent predictor of stock price movement over a 6+ month time frame.
Our firm has long believed that quantitative models, like the Zacks Rank, can predict stock prices more accurately than individual analysts. However we also recognize that models are most effective when they are employed by analysts who have deep fundamental knowledge of the company and its industry. Zacks Recommendations provide that best of both worlds approach given our usage of both a quantitative model and team of 50 equity analysts.
Get a Team of 50 Stock Analysts Working for You
Our Zacks Equity Research group employs a team of 50 stock analysts whose only goal is to review the best stocks and share their insights with you. Our research team is highly regarded by many independent rating agencies for the profitability of their stock picks. Not surprisingly, many top Wall Street firms spend millions of dollars with us to share our research with their top clients.
Tap into Zacks Recommendation & Analyst Insights Now!
Daily Commentaries & Recommendations: Everyday on the Zacks.com homepage we provide fresh recommendations and insights from our team of analysts. Look for the following features:
. Daily Zacks Rank changes for the short-term investor
. Analyst Blog
. Bull of the Day
. Bear of the Day
. Industry Outlook
Zacks Equity Research Homepage: Here you will find access to all the commentaries, in-depth stock reports and Zacks Buy Recommendations created by our team of 50 analysts.
Click Here For A Free Trial of Zacks Long-Term Investment Stock Picks
Make Money When the Market Goes Up, Down, or Sideways
Market strategist Kevin Matras starts with the Zacks Rank that averaged a +28% yearly gain since 1988. He also draws upon his celebrated stock screens that achieved even more astonishing numbers. Then he uses options trading techniques to pursue large and steady gains with only a fraction of the money that would be risked on regular stock purchases. These professional moves can profit even when stocks move sideways or unexpectedly downward. Kevin's new Zacks Options Trader is now available to a limited number of investors. If you're already a member, please log in at right. If you're not a member, don't miss out on a golden opportunity in this volatile market.
Zacks Investment Research Premium Tip #4 - 4 Great Reasons to Read "Profit from the Pros" Every Day
As a Zacks Premium member you have joined more than 550,000 other bright investors who eagerly await the best stock ratings, research, and recommendations in each issue of Zacks' free daily email newsletter, "Profit from the Pros".
First things first - Are you receiving the "Zacks.com Profit from the Pros" emails?
Check your email inbox. If you don't see your Profit from the Pros emails there, then check your bulk mail box because, unfortunately, some Internet Service Providers (ISP's) accidentally route investment emails into the bulk file. Also be certain to follow your ISP's instructions to move our emails back into your inbox where they belong.
Now, let's review those 4 key features available in Profit from the Pros:
1) Zacks Rank Buys - Four new buy recommended stocks are featured each day. These stocks are handpicked using the Zacks Rank system that boasts a 26% average annual gain since 1988. Your Zacks Premium subscription allows you to go beyond these 4 stocks to see the full list of over 200 stocks with our #1 Strong Buy rating.
2) Best of Zacks Equity Research - Our team of 50 stock analysts create a ton of excellent research and recommendations each day. A small portion is available for free on Zacks.com. But as a Zacks Premium member you get full access to all of their recommendations and research reports. . .
3) Investment Education - Discover fresh investment education articles and videos to help you learn the skills necessary to beat the market.
4) Profit Tracks Highlights - In each issue of Profit from the Pros we highlight one Profit Track strategy. As Zacks Premium members you get full access to these 9 exclusive stock-picking strategies and all the stock picks that make the grade.
Click Here To Trial For Free Zacks "Profits From The Pros" Newsletter.
Zacks Investment Research Premium Tip #5 - Zacks Premium Offers You the Best Stock Screening Resources on the Web
Stock screening is all about narrowing down the universe of over 10,000 stocks to find those rare few that will beat the market. And no service offers you more powerful screening tools for the money than Zacks Premium.
Top Screening Resources
1) Custom Stock Screener: Select from over 130 criteria to create your own screen. Make sure to screen with the Zacks Rank to find the best stocks for the short term. Or use the Zacks Recommendation to discover great long term picks. Then customize your reports. Export to Excel. Or save the screens to find more great stocks in the future. All yours with Zacks Premium membership.
2) Profit Tracks: Gain access to these 9 exclusive stock picking strategies built into our stock screener. No matter what kind of investor you are, you will find a Profit Track that suits your investment style. Best of all, each strategy has generated phenomenal profits since 2001. See what stocks make the grade now.
3) Screening Home Page: Here you will find all the Zacks Premium screening resources. Beyond the two items noted above you will also discover screening education, mutual fund screener, and the very popular, Screen of the Week articles by Kevin Matras. Be sure to bookmark this page for future visits.
Click Here To Trial Zacks Powerful Stock Screening Resources For Free