1) Macy's Disappoints, Crushing all of Retail With It, and taking down an overbought main market as well. It highlights an accelerating shift from brick and mortar to online which grew 20% YOY. Will Amazon sponsor those wonderful parades? Click here.
2) December Fed Minutes Come Out Mixed. The Fed has both hawks and doves. Who knew? Rate rises are still in the cards. Bad news, bond market.
3) The US May Lose Its Triple “A” Rating, thanks to the government shutdown according to Fitch, one of the oldest bond rating agencies. I knew we were on the way to becoming a banana republic. Keep your bond shorts (TLT). We’re raking it in. Click here.
4) Jeff Bezos to Get Divorced. Yikes! His wife Mackenzie is one of the first three Amazon employees and spent long nights shipping the early book sales. She is about to become the world’s wealthiest women, worth $65 billion. Keep your stock for a run to $2,000. Hmmm, I’m twice widowed. The age is right…. Click here.
5) Lennar (LEN) is Seeing an Uptick in New Homes Sales, thanks to a 30-year mortgage rate that has plunged 50 basis points. It brings affordability within reach to a few million Millennials. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:(JANUARY 9 BIWEEKLY STRATEGY WEBINAR Q&A),
(HERE’S THE CANARY IN THE COAL MINE FOR APPLE),
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.