I am very happy to announce the addition of Left Banker to the Yield Hunting team. With his addition (and perhaps one more) we are close to assembling the premier site for closed-end fund research and capabilities on the planet.
Left Banker is a retired individual investor who has written some 321 articles on Seeking Alpha going back to 2013. While not all of them are about closed-end funds, I think it is safe to say that is where he hit his stride. I, for one, know that I looked up to him for his research and writing style and have tried to emulate him for years. Hence the reason he has over 11,000 followers.
We are still running our 20% OFF SALE on introductory subscriptions and FREE TRIALS. The time is ticking on this sale, after which we are raising our prices significantly simply due to the size of the service.
What do you get with your subscription?
- High quality closed-end fund analysis
- Three portfolios to follow (Core Portfolio, Muni Core Portfolio, and Flexible Portfolio)
- Portfolio construction techniques and strategies. Not only do we cover individual securities but we stress how they fit in an overall plan.
- Access to an actual portfolio manager with CFA credentials and nearly two decades of experience.
There is no risk to try us out.
For the most in-depth, superior analysis on closed-end funds, we recommend giving our marketplace service a try. We are currently running free trials and 20% off our annual rate allowing investors a no-hassle look into our portfolios and the type of service we provide.
Our Investment Philosophy
Core Portfolio- Our investment philosophy aims to have a Core Portfolio that generates income and gives us a 8%+ total return. We have achieved a return about 350 bps in excess of that over the last four years. We think the risk-return is more favorable on the fixed income side than on the equity, especially after the volatility of recent weeks. Our risk profile is up to 1/3 the risk of the S&P 500!
Peripheral Portfolio- This is aimed at diversifying the Core Portfolio by investing in equity REITs, preferred stocks, exchange traded baby bonds, and other structures including high dividend paying stocks. While our service is aimed primarily at late stage career and retired investors, the strategy can also be used to lower risk by augmenting traditional equity investing via open-end mutual funds or ETFs.
We are highly regarded, check out our our REVIEWS HERE!
Our Subscription Service Provides:
Investment Models- Using Google Sheets, our models update in real time all the information you need with clear indicators for when to buy, sell, or hold.
- The Core Portfolio- Holds 16 high yielding Closed-End Funds with a 8%+ yield and a portfolio beta much less risky than the S&P 500.
- Our Peripheral Portfolio - A collection of CEF investments across sectors such as Equities, REITs, MLPs, Technology, International, and Fixed Income, as well as a large selection of Open Ended Funds.
- The Muni Portfolio - Our comprehensive list of Muni's.
- We also include Low Maintenance Portfolios for those that need a little bit of extra hand holding...
- Monthly Newsletters- Details the current investing environment, global news that can affect your portfolio, portfolio construction techniques and advice, and a review of the performance of our model portfolios.
- Weekly Updates- Goes through the events of the week and things to watch for in the upcoming week. This also includes performance for our holdings, changes in the portfolio, new opportunities for investing, and the effects the current market situation will have on them.
- Fund Analysis- Spotlight focus on investments we find particularly interesting with analysis from industry experts on opportunities we see in the CEF, REIT, Muni, and High Dividend Equity space.
- 24/7 Access- Via our chat during market with our vibrant community of like-minded investors or privately one-on-one with Yield Hunting directly, you always have someone to answer your questions!
- Our Portfolio Tracker- This is our proprietary Portfolio Tracker that can be used in Google Sheets for free!
- Retirement- Our ongoing series dedicated to helping retirees and those approaching retirement navigate the many issues they face.
- ... and much more!
We believe if you give our strategy a try, you will not be disappointed.
Our new website has been launched at YieldHunting.com.