Join Yield Hunting This Holiday Season! Enjoy 20% Off!
Deep Value, Contrarian
Seeking Alpha Analyst Since 2013
- YH Core Income Portfolio: yield ~8%
- YH Flexible Income Portfolio: yield 7.53%
- YH Taxable Core Portfolio: yield 5.24% (some tax free)
- YH Financial Advisor Model
Plus: Muni CEF Shopping List.
Our team includes:
1) Alpha Gen Capital - I am a former financial advisor and investor. Not someone from another career doing this on the side. My analysis is meant to provide safe and actionable insight without the fluff or risky ideas of most other letters. My goal is to provide a relatively safer income stream with CEFs and mutual funds. We also help investors learn about investing and how to properly construct a portfolio.2) George Spritzer - Another career financial guru who runs a registered investment advisor with a specialization in closed-end funds for individuals. George uses the following investment strategies:1) Opportunistic Closed-end fund investing: Buy CEFs at larger than normal discounts to NAV and sell them when the discounts narrow. 2) Exploit special situations: tender offers, fund terminations, fund activism, rights offerings etc.
3) Landlord Investor- spent his career as a management consultant for public sector clients at a multinational consulting firm in the DC area. He has transitioned to a new career as a full time landlord. His investment portfolio is comprised of two parts -- broad-based index funds and income plays such as preferred stock, CEFs, and REITs. He also owns individual/baby bonds which he buys on margin to boost total return. Landlord is our 'individual preferred stock' expert analyst.
Check out Yieldhunting.com !!
For the most in-depth, superior analysis on closed-end funds, we recommend giving our marketplace service a try. We are currently running free trials allowing investors a no-hassle look into our portfolios and the type of service we provide.
Our Investment Philosophy
Core Portfolio- Our investment philosophy aims to have a Core Portfolio that generates income and gives us a 8%+ total return. We have achieved a return about 350 bps in excess of that over the last four years. We think the risk-return is more favorable on the fixed income side than on the equity, especially after the volatility of recent weeks. Our risk profile is up to 1/3 the risk of the S&P 500 by NAV!
Peripheral Portfolio- This is aimed at diversifying the Core Portfolio by investing in equity REITs, preferred stocks, exchange traded baby bonds, and other structures including high dividend paying stocks. While our service is aimed primarily at late stage career and retired investors, the strategy can also be used to lower risk by augmenting traditional equity investing via open-end mutual funds or ETFs.
We are highly regarded, check out our our REVIEWS HERE!
Our Subscription Service Provides:
Investment Models- Using Google Sheets, our models update in real time all the information you need with clear indicators for when to buy, sell, or hold.
- The Core Portfolio- Holds 16 high yielding Closed-End Funds with a 8%+ yield and a portfolio beta much less risky than the S&P 500.
- Our Peripheral Portfolio - A collection of CEF investments across sectors such as Equities, REITs,, International, and Fixed Income, as well as a large selection of Open Ended Funds.
- The Muni Portfolio - Our comprehensive list of Muni's.
- We also include Low Maintenance Portfolios for those that need a little bit of extra hand holding...
- Monthly Newsletters- Details the current investing environment, global news that can affect your portfolio, portfolio construction techniques and advice, and a review of the performance of our model portfolios.
- Weekly Updates- Goes through the events of the week and things to watch for in the upcoming week. This also includes performance for our holdings, changes in the portfolio, new opportunities for investing, and the effects the current market situation will have on them.
- Fund Analysis- Spotlight focus on investments we find particularly interesting with analysis from industry experts on opportunities we see in the CEF, REIT, Muni, and High Dividend Equity space.
- 24/7 Access- Via our chat during market with our vibrant community of like-minded investors or privately one-on-one with Yield Hunting directly, you always have someone to answer your questions!
- Our Portfolio Tracker- This is our proprietary Portfolio Tracker that can be used in Google Sheets for free!
- Retirement- Our ongoing series dedicated to helping retirees and those approaching retirement navigate the many issues they face.
- ... and much more!
We believe if you give our strategy a try, you will not be disappointed.
Our new website has been launched at YieldHunting.com.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.