All of the Utility companies mentioned below are struggling to gather upward momentum, with the 50-day simple moving average trading below the 200-day simple moving average (SMA200). (Link to original post)
Ranking of This List:
This list is currently ranked 56 out of 284 lists tracked by Contextuall.com, i.e. the company characteristics described below have outperformed 80.28% of lists in Contextuall's coverage universe.
Average Weekly Returns:
Average 1-Week Return of All Stocks Mentioned Below: -0.19%
Average 1-Month Return of All Stocks Mentioned Below: 1.60%
Analysis of List Alpha:
Number of Stocks in This List Generating Excess Return vs. SP500 (Beta Adjusted Over Last Week): 11 out of 17 (64.71%)
Number of Stocks in This List Generating Excess Return vs. SP500 (Beta Adjusted Over Last Month): 11 out of 17 (64.71%)
(List sorted by monthly performance, from best to worst)
1. The AES Corporation (NYSE:AES): Operates as a power company in Latin America, Africa, North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. 50-day SMA at 10.49 vs. 200-day SMA at 11.75 (current price at 11.05).
2. Cia Energetica de Minas Gerais (NYSE:CIG): Engages in the generation, transformation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electric energy primarily in Minas Gerais, Brazil. 50-day SMA at 11.83 vs. 200-day SMA at 16.30 (current price at 12.07).
3. Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK): Operates as an energy company in the Americas. 50-day SMA at 63.18 vs. 200-day SMA at 63.62 (current price at 65.51).
4. Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (NYSE:PEG): Operates in the energy industry primarily in the northeastern and mid Atlantic United States. 50-day SMA at 30.56 vs. 200-day SMA at 30.64 (current price at 30.98).
5. Xcel Energy Inc. (NYSE:XEL): Engages in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity to residential, commercial, and industrial customers, as well as to public authorities in the United States. 50-day SMA at 27.21 vs. 200-day SMA at 27.30 (current price at 27.62).
6. Ameren Corporation (NYSE:AEE): Operates as a public utility company in Missouri and Illinois, the United States. 50-day SMA at 30.60 vs. 200-day SMA at 31.52 (current price at 30.27).
7. Consolidated Edison Inc. (NYSE:ED): Provides electric, gas, and steam utility services in the United States. 50-day SMA at 57.10 vs. 200-day SMA at 58.71 (current price at 57.19).
8. Southern Company (NYSE:SO): Operates as a utility company that provides electric service in the southeastern United States. 50-day SMA at 44.15 vs. 200-day SMA at 44.80 (current price at 43.88).
9. Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (NASDAQ:CLNE): Provides natural gas as an alternative fuel for vehicle fleets in the United States and Canada. 50-day SMA at 12.76 vs. 200-day SMA at 15.06 (current price at 13.13).
10. PG&E Corp. (NYSE:PCG): Operates as a public utility company that engages in electricity and natural gas distribution primarily in northern and central California. 50-day SMA at 41.46 vs. 200-day SMA at 42.78 (current price at 41.48).
11. Exelon Corporation (NYSE:EXC): Operates as a utility services holding company in the United States. 50-day SMA at 32.04 vs. 200-day SMA at 35.43 (current price at 30.62).
12. Integrys Energy Group (NYSE:TEG): Operates as a regulated electric and natural gas utility company in the United States and Canada. 50-day SMA at 53.09 vs. 200-day SMA at 53.45 (current price at 54.44).
13. Dominion Resources (NYSE:D): Engages in producing and transporting energy in the United States. 50-day SMA at 51.12 vs. 200-day SMA at 51.31 (current price at 52.23).
14. FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE): Operates as a diversified energy company. 50-day SMA at 42.97 vs. 200-day SMA at 44.75 (current price at 41.51).
15. TECO Energy (NYSE:TE): TECO Energy, Inc., an electric and gas utility company, through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electric energy. 50-day SMA at 17.04 vs. 200-day SMA at 17.21 (current price at 16.92).
16. Atlantic Power Corporation (NYSE:AT): Atlantic Power Corporation owns interest in various power projects and a transmission line in the United States. 50-day SMA at 13.03 vs. 200-day SMA at 13.35 (current price at 11.45).
17. Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. (NYSE:EBR): Engages in the generation, distribution, transmission, and commercialization of electric power; and construction and operation of nuclear power plants in Brazil. 50-day SMA at 4.60 vs. 200-day SMA at 6.64 (current price at 3.15).