Cardium Therapeutics focuses on the fields of health sciences and regenerative medicine to carry out its business model of acquiring and developing new and innovative bio-medical product opportunities and businesses with the potential to address significant unmet medical needs. Prospective acquisition targets are selected based on their potential pathways to commercialization, partnering, and other economic monetizations.
The company's medical opportunities portfolio is currently comprised of the Tissue Repair Company, Cardium Biologics, and the newly acquired To Go Brands healthy nutraceutical supplement business. Cardium's lead commercial product, Excellagen® topical gel for wound care management, has received FDA clearance for marketing and sale in the United States. Lead clinical development product candidate Generx® is a DNA-based angiogenic biologic for the treatment of patients with myocardial ischemia due to coronary artery disease.
The overarching strategy is to create multiple opportunities for success without relying on any single technology platform or product type, building on core products and product candidates to develop a portfolio of medical product candidates at various stages of development and to commercialize these products in a timely and effective manner.
Cardium's business strategy at this time primarily seeks to:
• Advance forward the ASPIRE Generx® Clinical Study for patients with advanced coronary artery disease at major medical centers in Russia in connection with commercialization plans covering the marketing and sale of Generx in the Russian Federation (and CIS);
• Seek clinical development and commercialization partners for Generx® as a cost-effective front-line therapy in other newly industrializing countries, such as India, China, and Brazil, for patients who may not have access to advanced surgical therapies, such as angioplasty/stents and coronary artery by-pass surgery;
• Secure commercialization partners for marketing and sales of Excellagen® in the U.S., as well as internationally, and develop additional tissue regeneration product extensions to include small molecule drugs, peptides, stem cells, conditioned cell media, DNA-based biologic products, and Excellagen-based antimicrobials;
• Broaden and grow the Go Brands® healthy nutraceutical supplement brand platform;
• Continue to review acquisitions of other companies and businesses, as well as licenses covering product opportunities and technologies on favorable economic terms consistent with Cardium's long-term business strategy.
For more information, visit cardiumthx.com
Please see disclaimer on the QualityStocks website: disclaimer.qualitystocks.net
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.