Cornerstone Capital Resources had a very impressive run earlier this year after Ecuador was opened for business. company came back after the crises and moved forward with its impressive portfolio. We like the project generation type of companies like TNR Gold, Almaden Minerals and Cornerstone Resources. Almaden has already enjoyed the very respectable run, TNR Gold and Cornerstone are coming out of the recent consolidation patterns. Summer is the best time to build up your own collection of Juniors.
"This company is coming back recently very fast from its napping just few months ago. We are interested in Rare Earths particularly and Chilean projects as the new value drivers for this developing story.
Cornerstone completes six holes at Shyri
2011-05-25 14:57 ET - Shareholders Letter
Mr. Brooke Macdonald reports
Cornerstone Capital Resources Inc. has issued the following letter to shareholders.
This letter will provide you with an update on some of our exploration projects in Ecuador, Chile and Canada since our last letter on April 14th. Maps corresponding to these projects can be found at www.cornerstoneresources.com.
Shyri project - Phase 1 drilling at the Gama Prospect: To date, 6 holes of the planned 11 hole (2,900 metres) drill program have been completed for a total of 1500 metres, and the rig is currently being moved to drill site #7. These first holes were testing porphyry Cu-Mo-Au targets located in areas C, D, E & F, in the Central and Southern part of the prospect area. The next holes will test stratabound or stratigraphic-controlled disseminated high-sulphidation epithermal mineralization beneath and in the vicinity of the La Ermita breccia. The target for holes #7 and #8 is a buried Quimsacocha deposit analogue located beneath the plateau. We now estimate that Phase 1 drilling will be completed by the end of June. Following receipt of additional assay results and their analysis and consultation with our partner Intrepid Mines Limited, we expect to be in a position to issue a news release summarizing the results of the first 5 holes of the program by May 31st or during the first week of June.
Shyri project - Vetas Grandes Prospect: This prospect is the next in line to be drill tested. Preliminary meetings were held with local communities and authorities to inform them of our planned activities and socio-environmental processes before initiating the required fieldwork necessary to complete the Environmental Impact Study (NYSEARCA:EIS) which is a condition to drilling. We still estimate that preparation and approval of the EIS will take about 6 months once fieldwork has begun.
Cascabel project: The exploration program on this project, which hosts porphyry and skarn type Cu-Au mineralization within an extensive zone of highly anomalous gold detected in stream sediments, will begin in early June.
La Encrucijada project: Exploration on this project, which hosts high sulphidation epithermal Au-Ag mineralization, will begin in August.
La Fortuna project: At La Fortuna we are targeting manto-type copper-silver and epithermal gold-silver mineralization. As noted in the April 14th letter, the exploration program for this year will include geological mapping, gridding, rock and soil sampling, ground geophysics (magnetometry and induced polarization), trenching, data integration & modeling, drill target definition and possibly an initial drilling program. So far, a 1:25,000 reconnaissance geological mapping and sampling has been completed. Rock sampling (79 samples) indicates significant results for copper, and in a few cases for silver, lead (1.55% Pb) and zinc (1.38 and 1.44% Zn), with 30 samples > 0.1% Cu, including 11 samples > 1% Cu, 19 samples > 10 g/t Ag, including 5 samples > 100 g/t Ag with a maximum of 628 g/t Ag. Quantitative re-assaying for total and leachable copper for over-limit copper results (> 1% Cu) is underway. It is estimated that most of the copper from these surface samples is leachable as indicated in previous surveys. Gold anomalous samples (5 > 0.1 g/t Au with a maximum of 0.258 g/t) are usually associated with anomalous copper-silver or lead-zinc. Most of the anomalous samples are located in the northern part of the property where field work has been concentrated so far and are distributed over an area of about 5 km by 3 km. Detailed exploration work over the most prospective areas will start in June as soon as data are compiled and targets defined.
Miocene project: The Miocene project covers a large area of 14,770 km2 located north and along trend of the Maricunga magmatic belt and to the north of Kinross' La Coipa gold-silver mine, where we are targeting gold, silver and copper mineralization. Concession applications were submitted for a total of 43,500 hectares in the northern part of the Miocene Area of Interest (AOI). So far, eight targets have been field-evaluated and data are currently being compiled. Following field evaluation, the concession applications have been reduced to 32,500 hectares. Many third party submittals within the AOI have been received recently and are being evaluated.
Little Deer project: The current $1.6 million diamond drilling program on the Little Deer copper deposit is nearing completion. The program has utilized two drill rigs, and to date approximately 12,100 m of drilling has been completed with an additional 500 m of drilling remaining.
As announced on April 26th, Cornerstone and 50% joint venture partner Thundermin Resources Inc. ("Thundermin") have retained P&E Mining Consultants Inc. ("P&E") of Brampton, Ontario to complete an updated National Instrument 43-101 ("NI 43-101") compliant mineral resource estimate for the Little Deer deposit once the current drill program has been completed. P&E have also been retained to complete an internal scoping review for the Little Deer project. This review will evaluate a range of potential mining and operating scenarios for the project and provide the management of Cornerstone and Thundermin with preliminary information on the economic viability of developing a new copper mine at Little Deer.
El Strato project: The planned diamond drilling program on the El Strato gold project in north-central Newfoundland is scheduled to begin in early June. The program comprises 1,000 m of drilling in approximately 8 to 10 holes, which will primarily test anomalies generated by work completed in 2010 that included an Induced Polarization (NYSE:IP) survey, soil geochemistry survey, prospecting and a follow-up trenching program.
Red Cliff and Deer Harbour projects: Vale Exploration Canada Inc. ("VEC") has fulfilled all its obligations in year 1 of the Red Cliff and Deer Harbour option agreement, and the option has now entered into year 2. In late April, VEC made the requisite $25,000 cash payment to Cornerstone due on the 1st anniversary date of the agreement and exploration expenditures totaling approximately $380,000 have been filed for the properties. Currently VEC is carrying out a thorough review of the 2010 exploration and diamond drilling results, and 2011 exploration work will depend on conclusions resulting from that review.
Chaleur project: On May 3rd Great Western Minerals Group Ltd. ("Great Western") informed Cornerstone that it was dropping the option on the Chaleur rare earth element (NYSEMKT:REE) property in northern New Brunswick. Mobile metal ion (NYSE:MMI) soil geochemistry surveys carried out during 2010 had identified several REE anomalies concentrated along the banks and flood plains of streams and brooks. However, follow-up rock chip sampling of adjacent outcrops did not return significant REE values. As such the MMI anomalies remain unsourced, and Great Western considers that they may in fact represent "false" anomalies. Cornerstone will review Great Western's report on the 2010 exploration work, which is expected shortly, and will then determine what further work may be warranted.
We seek Safe Harbor."
- Gold and Silver: Cornerstone Resources: CEO Letter to Shareholders cgp.v, tnr.v, laq.v, bvg.c, bva.v, ng.to, grc.to, amm.to, ktn.v, gbn.v, rvm.to, mgn, asm.v, sgc.v, ngq.to, btt.v, alk.ax, nem, fcx, bvn, auy, abx, (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Rare Earths: Cornerstone options Chaleur to Great Western cgp.v, tnr.v, czx.v, lmr.v, abn.v, ura.v, rm.v, cgp.v, alk.ax, ng.to, abx, ree, avl.to, mcp, gwg.v, rm.v, clq.v, wlc.v, li.v, ggg.ax, ruu.v, pl.v, mdl.v, efg.v (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lukas Lundin's NGEx drills 701 metres of 0.67% Cu at Los Helados - stock soars 36% now ngq.v, tnr.v, lun.to, czx.v, pot, bhp, rm.v, lmr.v, sqm, fmc, roc, li.v, ore.ax, lit, tck, rtp, vale (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Gold and Uranium: MAX acquires interest in Majuba Hill Copper/Gold/Silver Property in Nevada; exploration to focus on high-grade silver and copper potential max.v, tnr.v, cgp.v, laq.v, bvg.c, bva.v, grc.to, ktn.v, gbn.v, rvm.to, mgn, asm.v, sgc.v, btt.v, (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Gold and Copper in Argentina: TNR Gold: La Ortiguita Drill Program Expanded 60% tnr.v, lma.to, grc.to, ngq.to, rvm.to, mgn, auy, slw, cuu.v, lun.to, gbn.v, btt.v, mxr.v, ktn.v, epz.v, bva.v, bvg.v, ura.v, abn.v, laq.v,(sufiy.blogspot.com)
- TNR Gold: La Mancha Resources plans 2,300-metre drilling campaign on La Ortiguita tnr.v, lma.to, grc.to, ngq.to, rvm.to, mgn, auy, slw, cuu.v, lun.to, gbn.v, btt.v, mxr.v, ktn.v, epz.v, bva.v, bvg.v, ura.v, abn.v, laq.v,(sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Chinese M&A in Canada: Highgrade interviews Peeyush Varshney of Canada Zinc Metals czx.v , lun.to, tnr.v, bwr.to, cs.to, imn.to, ncu.to, tko.to, wrn.to, qux.to, rio, bls.to, tck (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Resourcex Investor: International Lithium Corp. Ready to Succeed with Chinese Lithium Strategic Partner tnr.v, czx.v, lmr.v, rm.v, alk.ax, sqm, cgp.v, abn.v, ura.v, nup.ax, usa.ax, srz.ax, fmc, roc, lit, li.v, wlc.v, clq.v, res.v, ree, avl.to, nsany, f, g (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Rare Earths, Lithium, Gold and Uranium: Aben Resources names Netolitzky as chairman, director abn.v, tnr.v, czx.v, lmr.v, abn.v, rm.v, cgp.v, alk.ax, ng.to, abx, ree, avl.to, mcp, gwg.v, rm.v, clq.v, wlc.v, li.v, ggg.ax, ruu.v, pl.v, mdl.v, efg.v (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Rare Earths: TNR Gold Corp.: Seabrook Ree Carbonatite Acquired; Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario tnr.v, czx.v, lmr.v, abn.v, ura.v, rm.v, cgp.v, alk.ax, ng.to, abx, ree, avl.to, mcp, gwg.v, rm.v, clq.v, wlc.v, li.v, ggg.ax, ruu.v, pl.v, mdl.v, efg.v(sufiy.blogspot.com)
- TNR Gold: Los Azules: Minera Andes to spin out Los Azules into new company tnr.v, mai.to, tck, cuu.v, czx.v, lun.to, bwr.to, cs.to, imn.to, ncu.to, tko.to, wrn.to, qux.to, bls.to, bhp, fcx (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium Investments: Richard Mills: Strategic Investor For International Lithium tnr.v, czx.v, alk.ax, lmr.v, tsla, rm.v, nup.ax, srz.ax, usa.ax, jnn.v, abn.v, res, mcp, avl.to, quc.v, cee.v, sqm, fmc, roc, li.v, wlc.v, clq.v, lit, nsany, byddf, gm, dai, (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- M&A Watch: Canada Zinc Metals to start work on Cardiac Creek deposit PEA czx.v, lun.to, tnr.v, bwr.to, cs.to, imn.to, ncu.to, tko.to, wrn.to, qux.to, rio, bls.to, tck (sufiy.blogspot.com)