"This junior was an active play in Tar Sands in the hey days in Canada. Will it reinvent itself with its new move into Lithium, Gold and Silver projects? Lithium part of this story is not even close to the International Lithium - our top pick in this sector - but other properties in addition to Lithium flavor are interesting and liquidity in the market suggest that we can see some follow up on this company among investors once the Risk play will be back.
Habanero Resources Inc. is a diversified junior company with multiple projects in Gold, Silver, Lithium and the Alberta Oil Sands."
Drilling Now Underway on Haldane Silver Prospect in Keno Hill Silver District of the Yukon
Habanero Resources Inc. ("Habanero" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: HAO.V) wishes to announce that it has been informed by the operator that drilling on the Haldane Silver Prospect in the Yukon is now underway. This phase of drilling will consists of approximately 1,500 metres of drilling covering 6-8 holes. This drill program is anticipated to be completed in September with drill results to follow.
Habanero recently announced (August 23, 2011) that it completed the first phase of drill preparations on the Haldane Prospect. According to Murray Jones of Equity Exploration Consultants Ltd., a Qualified Person for the prospect, "Phase 1 of the program on the Haldane property consisted of completing the road access to the property, collecting 42 rock samples and 274 grid soil samples, as well as completing geological mapping to detail structural controls on the mineralization of the extensive vein-fault system.
Rock sampling was done to confirm historic values in the area of trenching, underground workings, and to investigate new areas on the property. At the Johnson Adit, a select sample of strongly oxidized, breccia mineralization from the underground rock dump returned 2,520 g/t Ag 1.6 g/t Au and greater than 20% Pb. A similarly oxidized sample from the Middlecoff Zone rock dump returned 1,220 g/t Ag, 0.97 g/t Au, 6.5% Pb and 0.44%Zn. This sample contained 5-8% remnant galena.
At the Main Zone, 1,100 metres north of the Middlecoff Zone and 550 metres north of the Johnson Zone, there are scattered outcrops of intensely brecciated quartzite cemented by manganese and iron oxides over approximately 200 metres of strike. The zone is not exposed on the hanging wall side but ranges from several metres to 15 metres wide where observed. A grab sample at the footwall contact of this zone returned 633 g/t Ag and a 3.6 metre (true width) chip sample returned 223 g/t Ag. 0.12 g/t Au, 0.62% Pb and 1.17% Zn across an outcrop located several metres structurally above the footwall contact. Significantly, there was no sulphide mineralization in these rocks, only oxides.
The soil sample survey has identified a significant Zn-Pb-Ag-Mn soil anomaly 2 kilometres south of and along strike from the Middlecoff underground workings, covering an area of 200 by 100 metres. This anomaly occurs where the prospective Keno Hill quartzite host rocks are exposed near the base of the mountainside. Elsewhere, soil results confirm the presence of multiple mineralized structures along the trend of the main Mt. Haldane Vein system between the Middlecoff and Main zones.
The current drill program will focus on testing the Main Zone and the Middlecoff Zone at depth below the depth of oxidation and leaching, targeting higher silver grades associated with the presence of sulphides in samples from underground. As well, the drilling will test possible structural controls on mineralization determined by recent geological mapping."
Also recently, Habanero substantially increased its land position in the Keno Hill Silver Region of the Yukon by staking 289 claims for approximately 14,000 additional acres. This now brings the total acreage for the Haldane Silver Prospect to approximately 21,000 contiguous acres, which borders Alexco Resources Corp.'s Bellekeno Property. The Yukon Government's published Minfile database states that between 1913 and 1989, the Keno Hill Silver District produced more than 217 million ounces of silver (5.37 million tons) with average grades of 40.52 oz/ton silver, 5.62% lead and 3.14% zinc, making it the second-largest historical silver producer in Canada.
The work program on the White Gold Prospect in the Yukon has also just commenced. Equity Exploration Consultants has been contracted to perform the work. The White Gold Prospect is directly bordering the Kinross' Golden Saddle Discovery which was acquired from Underworld Resources Inc. in June 2010.
President Jason Gigliotti stated, "It is exciting to be finally underway on the Haldane Silver Prospect. The Haldane is HAO's flagship prospect and recently returned samples as high 2520 g/t silver. Management is eagerly anticipating the drill results from this year's drill program as we expect to drill approximately three times as many metres this year than year. We have also now commenced operations on our 'White Gold' Prospect, which borders the Kinross 'Golden Saddle' property and in fact is the closest property to the actual discovery zone. We also anticipate starting operations on the Quebec prospect. With silver prices near all time highs, this is a very opportune time to commence drilling on the Haldane Silver Prospect bordering one of the highest grade silver mines in North America."
Habanero is a diversified junior company with the following prospects; the White Gold Prospect in the White Gold Region Yukon, bordering Kinross' Golden Saddle discovery; the Haldane Silver Prospect in the Keno Hill Silver Region of the Yukon bordering Alexco Resources Corp's Bellekeno property; a sizable land holder within land prospective for lithium in Alberta; significant acreage in Quebec bordering Beaufield Resources Inc.; and holdings in the Alberta Oilsands.
If you would like to be added to Habanero's email updates list, please send an email to email@example.com requesting to be added.
The technical information in this news release was provided by and has been reviewed and approved for content by Henry Awmack, P.Eng., of Equity Exploration Consultants Ltd., a qualified person as defined under the terms of National Instrument 43-101.
To view maps of these projects please go to www.habaneroresources.com.
Habanero Resources Inc.
Tel: 604 646 6900
Jason Gigliotti, President"
- Cornerstone Reports 1.34% Copper and 58.0 g/t Silver over 19.5 m in trenching at La Fortuna Copper-Silver Project, Chile ilc.v, tnr.v, czx.v, rm.v, lmr.v, abn.v, asm.v, btt.v, bva.v, bvg.v, epz.v, fst.v, gbn.v, hao.v, jnn.v, ks.v, ktn.v, kxm.v, mgn, mxr.v (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Canada Zinc Metals - Lawrence Roulston's Resource Opportunities CZX.v, TNR.v, LUN.to, BLS.to, CS.to, WRN.to, S.to, IMN.to, BWR.to, BHP, RTP, IVN.to (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium: TNR/ILC Joint Venture Partner Cricket Resources Inc. Completes Forgan Lake Qualifying Transaction TNR.v, CZX.v, RM.v, LI.v, WLC.v, CLQ.v, GM (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium Drive: Toyota smashes the electric lap record at the Nurburgring Nordschleife ilc.v, tnr.v, czx.v, rm.v, lmr.v, abn.v, asm.v, btt.v, bva.v, bvg.v, epz.v, fst.v, gbn.v, hao.v, jnn.v, ks.v, ktn.v, kxm.v, mgn, mxr.v, rvm.to, svb, ura.v, nup.ax, srz.a (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium Drive: Showcase of electric vehicles ilc.v, tnr.v, czx.v, rm.v, lmr.v, abn.v, asm.v, btt.v, bva.v, bvg.v, epz.v, fst.v, gbn.v, hao.v, jnn.v, ks.v, ktn.v, kxm.v, mgn, mxr.v, rvm.to, svb, ura.v, nup.ax, srz.ax, usa.ax (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Chairman Ben S. Bernanke At the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Economic Symposium, Jackson Hole, Wyoming ilc.v, tnr.v, czx.v, rm.v, lmr.v, abn.v, asm.v, btt.v, bva.v, bvg.v, epz.v, fst.v, gbn.v, hao.v, jnn.v, ks.v, ktn.v, kxm.v, mgn, mxr.v, rvm.to, s (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- US Senate panel backs more electric cars, solar TNR.v, TSLA, CZX.v, RM.v, CLQ.v, WLC.v, LIT.v, LAT.v, HAO.v, HEV, AONE, NSANY, BYDDY, GM, F, RTP, FCX, (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Powered by LIthium: Barrons: A Big Bet on Electric Cars TNR.v, TSLA, RM.v, LI.v, LMR.v, CLQ.v, WLC.v, HEV, AONE, GM, GOOG, RIMM, NSANY, BYDDY, F, TM, (sufiy.blogspot.com)