With markets volatility on the steroids and mode swings from total depression to the short covering, we continue to advocate our pro life choice and inevitable Energy Transition to the electrification of our transportation. With the insolvent financial system we have, basically, only two choices: try deflation with a strong dollar and run on the insolvent banks and countries or the monetary magic of the FED and ECB with all other alphabet soup in between.
We do not know what to do in the case of depression, deflation and coming stone age after riots and our Lithium darlings are already priced for the coming Ice (Internal Combustion Engine) Age to continue.
In case if the monetary magic to be unleashed again, consumers will freeze to death with rising Oil prices driven by inflation and Peak Oil. Recent "fall" in Gold, Silver, Copper and Oil provides the opportunity to argue about the lack of Inflation and necessity to save the system again. Scared investors running to the "safety" of US dollar provide such needed "interruption" in Commodity and Real Assets Bull markets and we should see the FED and ECB monetary magic in the nearest future in this case.
Hopefully, not everything is driven by the quant trading even these days and technological advance will provide necessary leap forward in the Energy Storage technology, which will make Electric cars mass market reality in the nearest future.
"Lithium drive: German Scientists Plan to Halve The Cost Of Electric Vehicles. We are monitoring here the story with DBM Energy - this German start up is talking about its wonder Lithium battery: Kolibri, which can make this announcement the very low bar to beat. Question is still whether this technology will be commercially proven and on the market in the nearest future. Recently we have found some more confirmations about its potential break through in Lithium batteries performance and cost. As with all technology once the proper funding will be put in place we can expect the rapid technological advance even without the miracles promised by companies like DBM Energy."
Development boosts lithium-ion battery power by 8-fold
By Chris Jablonski | September 25, 2011, 11:09am PDT
Summary: Researchers at Berkeley have developed a new kind of anode polymer can absorb eight times the lithium of current designs.
Lithium-ion batteries are the most common type of rechargeable battery. They are found in laptops, smartphones, and increasingly, in electric cars and smart grids.
Although there are many advantages to lithium ion batteries–they maintain full capacity even after a partial recharge and are considered to be more environmentally safe than other battery technologies–their storage capacity can be improved.
A team of scientists at Berkeley Lab have designed a new kind of anode that can absorb eight times the lithium of current designs, and has maintained its greatly increased energy capacity after over a year of testing and many hundreds of charge-discharge cycles.
“Most of today’s lithium-ion batteries have anodes made of graphite, which is electrically conducting and expands only modestly when housing the ions between its graphene layers. Silicon can store 10 times more – it has by far the highest capacity among lithium-ion storage materials – but it swells to more than three times its volume when fully charged, ” said Gao Liu of Berkeley Lab’s Environmental Energy Technologies Division (EETD).
The swelling quickly breaks the electrical contacts in the anode, so the researchers concentrated on finding other ways to use silicon while maintaining anode conductivity. Through a combination of synthesis, spectroscopy and simulation, the team tailored a polymer that conducts electricity and binds closely to lithium-storing silicon particles, even as they expand to more than three times their volume during charging and then shrink again during discharge.
The new anodes are made from low-cost materials, compatible with standard lithium-battery manufacturing technologies.
The research team reports its findings in Advanced Materials, now available online."
- Lithium Drive: Die leise Revolution - Zukunft Elektroauto ilc.v, tnr.v, czx.v, rm.v, lmr.v, abn.v, asm.v, btt.v, bva.v, bvg.v, epz.v, fst.v, gbn.v, hao.v, jnn.v, ks.v, ktn.v, kxm.v, mgn, mxr.v, rvm.to, svb, ura.v, nup.ax, srz.ax, usa.ax(sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium Drive: Life with an Electric Car ilc.v, tnr.v, czx.v, rm.v, lmr.v, abn.v, asm.v, btt.v, bva.v, bvg.v, epz.v, fst.v, gbn.v, hao.v, jnn.v, ks.v, ktn.v, kxm.v, mgn, mxr.v, rvm.to, svb, ura.v, nup.ax, srz.ax, usa.ax (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium Drive: Rimac Automobili Concept One revealed ilc.v, tnr.v, czx.v, rm.v, lmr.v, abn.v, asm.v, btt.v, bva.v, bvg.v, epz.v, fst.v, gbn.v, hao.v, jnn.v, ks.v, ktn.v, kxm.v, mgn, mxr.v, rvm.to, svb, ura.v, nup.ax, srz.ax, usa.ax(sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium Drive: Toyota smashes the electric lap record at the Nurburgring Nordschleife ilc.v, tnr.v, czx.v, rm.v, lmr.v, abn.v, asm.v, btt.v, bva.v, bvg.v, epz.v, fst.v, gbn.v, hao.v, jnn.v, ks.v, ktn.v, kxm.v, mgn, mxr.v, rvm.to, svb, ura.v, nup.ax, srz.a (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium Demand: South Korea to invest 15 trln won in batteries to 2020 TNR.v, CZX.v, TSLA, HEV, AONE, RM.v, LI.v, WLC.v, CLQ.v, LIT.v, SQM, FMC, ROC,(sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium and REE: Begining of the Bull: Jim Puplava with James Dines on Uranium, Gold and Rare Earths TNR.v, CZX.v, TSLA, RM.v, LI.v, CLQ.v, WLC.v, (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Electric Cars: LIthium twist: Why Toyota Likes Tesla TNR.v, TSLA, CZX.v, TM, RM.v, LMR.v, WLC.v, LIT.v, LI.v, RTP, GOOG, AAPL, FCX, BHP, BYDDY, GM,(sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Superior Anode For Lithium-Ion Batteries Developed (tech.slashdot.org)
- Better lithium-ion batteries are on the way (sciencedaily.com)
- Development boosts lithium-ion battery power by 8-fold (zdnet.com)
- Better Lithium-Ion batteries are on the way from Berkely Lab(newscenter.lbl.gov)