To help readers better navigate the dividend universe, we’ve compiled a Dividend Investing Primer, a comprehensive series of articles written by some of our savviest contributors on the subject. The articles, arranged by topic, offer information suitable for everyone from the novice to seasoned investors interested in maximizing their holdings.
What Are Dividend Stocks?
Dividends: A Company's Leading Indicator by David Van Knapp
Another Reason for Companies to Pay Dividends by Dividend Growth Investor
Why I Love Dividends by David van Knapp
What Should I Look for in a Dividend Stock?
4 Qualities of the Best Dividend Stocks by David Van Knapp
Looking for the Perfect Dividend Stock by Dividends4Life
Comparing Dividend Aristocrats to Dividend Champions by David Van Knapp
- Not All Dividends Are the Same, Even When They Are by Chuck Carnevale
How Can I Maximize My Dividend Investment?
Finding Value in the P/B Ratio by Dividends4Life
How Yield on Cost Works by David Van Knapp
Dividend Yield or Dividend Growth? by Dividend Growth Investor
- How Reinvesting Dividends Accelerates Yield on Cost by David Van Knapp
- Buy and Hold Investing Is Not Dead by Dividend Growth Investor
- Dividend Growth Investing: Five Thoughts for 2011 by David Van Knapp
I've Heard Negative Things About Dividend Paying Stocks. Are They True?
Dividend Investing Myths by Dividend Growth Investor
Do Dividend Payouts Reduce Share Prices? by David Van Knapp
- What to Do with a Dividend Freeze by Dividends4Life
- Dividend Cuts: Time to Sell? by Dividends4Life
- Dividend Taxation: 5 Points to Ponder by Dividend Monk
- Dividends vs. Share Repurchases: Chubb, Costco, National Presto Show the Differences by Dividend Monk
- Avoiding the Dividend Trap Using ETFs: Quality Reigns Supreme by Morningstar
- Dividend Investing: Make Sure Free Cash Flow, Not Debt Issuance, Backstops Your Investment by Nicholas Southwick Levis
Are There Other Dividend Paying Vehicles I Should Be Considering?
Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Time to Invest in REITs? by David Enke
- Why Investors Should be Fearful of REITs, Despite Their Relatively High Dividend Yields by The Lonely Value Investor
- Must-Know Info for Investing in Commercial REITS, If You Dare by Cliff Wachtel
- Master Limited Partnerships for Your Portfolio: Three Key Questions and Answers by Elliott Gue
An Alternative to REITs: Master Limited Partnership Units of Real Estate Firms by MasterPlan Capital
Are Dividend Stocks Appropriate for Retirement Portfolios?
- The Case for Dividend Investing in Retirement by Dividend Growth Investor
- Will High Dividend Stocks Help You Retire Comfortably? by Geoff Considine
- What's a Safe Withdrawal Rate? These 10 Dividend Stocks Are the Answer by Dividends4Life