- Abliva is a Swedish microcap Pharma in the Mitochondrial Medicine space.
- Abliva is better known to US investors by its former name NeuroVive Pharmaceutical. Abliva is making a move towards the USA market.
- Abliva trades on the OTC Pink Sheets ticker symbol NEVPF.
Abliva AB Year-End Report January – December 2020
KL1333 on its way to registrational Phase 2/3 study⎢Ellen Donnelly appointed new CEO of Abliva.
Important events during 2020
- Positive feedback from the US Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) and the UK MHRA, on the clinical development plan.
- Decision to conduct a cohesive registrational Phase 2/3 study starting in the second half of 2021.
- The first patients in the Phase 1a/b clinical study were dosed.
- The first healthy volunteers in the drug-drug interaction study (DDI study) were dosed.
- Preclinical pharmacology and safety studies entered the final phase.
Strategy and communications
- Change of company name to Abliva (formerly NeuroVive Pharmaceutical).
- Virtual Capital Markets Day in June.
- Mitochondria Day in September.
- Directed issue of SEK 20 million to Nordic life science investor Hadean Ventures in June. Dr Roger Franklin, partner at Hadean Ventures was elected as Director of Abliva’s Board.
- A preferential rights issue in May raised approximately SEK 67 million before deduction of issue costs.
- Magnus Persson left the Board of Directors to focus on his role as founding partner in Eir Ventures.
Important events after the reporting period
- Ellen Donnelly was appointed new CEO February 3, 2021.
- The license agreement with Fortify Therapeutics, regarding a development of a local treatment for Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy (LHON), was terminated.
- KL1333 phase 1b - seven out of eight patients have been dosed.
- New date for the Annual General Meeting – 20 May 2021.
- Net revenues: KSEK 112 (49)
- Other operating income: KSEK 1,602 (1,000)
- Loss before tax: KSEK 13,067 (27,112)
- Loss per share: SEK 0.04 (0.15)
- Diluted loss per share: SEK 0.04 (0.15)
- Net revenues: KSEK 216 (134)
- Other operating income: KSEK 1,648 (3,500)
- Loss before tax: KSEK 59,994 (77,000)
- Loss per share: SEK 0.24 (0.45)
- Diluted loss per share: SEK 0.24 (0.45)
* APM Alternative perfomance measures, see definition on page 20.
The complete Year-End report is available for download below and through the Company’s website www.abliva.com
For more information, please contact:
Ellen Donnelly, CEO+46 (0)46-275 62 20, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abliva AB (publ)Medicon Village, SE-223 81 Lund, SwedenTel: +46 (0)46 275 62 20 (switchboard)email@example.com, www.abliva.comFor news subscription, please visit: News subscriptionFollow us on LinkedIn: Abliva AB | LinkedInSubscribe to our YouTube channel: Abliva AB
Abliva – Delivering mitochondrial health
Abliva develops medicines for the treatment of primary mitochondrial diseases. These congenital, rare, and often very severe diseases occur when the cell's energy provider, the mitochondria, do not function properly. The company is focused on two projects.KL1333, a powerful NAD⁺ regulator, is in clinical development and has been granted orphan drug designation in Europe and the US. NV354, an energy replacement (succinate) therapy, is in preclinical development. Abliva, based in Lund, Sweden, is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, Sweden (ticker: ABLI).
Analyst's Disclosure: I am/we are long NEVPF.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.